Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

13 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Personally, I don’t think a starting lineup that includes Franz/Paolo/Isaac/Wendell is ideal for rotations. Leaves our bench as Cole/Suggs/Harris/Bol/M. Wagner who are all undersized for the position they’d be asked to play. It’s not about who starts, but who finishes anyway. Would I love to roll out 10ish minutes of that tall trees lineup? Absolutely! I just don’t think it’s the right lineup dispersement with the roster as it is.

I don't like it a lot either cause it mess up with rotations and not always being so big could be an advantage in the league.

Also, it doesn't matter a lot who's starting IMO, but having the right balance with reserves, and then who FINISH the game.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I’m actually more inclined to agree with ball junkie. It’s hard to argue with the results if you are looking at team success as the criteria. 
Fultz really is the engine that drives the train.  Banchero is the better scorer, but I think Franz is the better all-around player. I like Dell’s game a lot too. He’s a strong glue guy. 

1 Fultz

2 Franz

3 Banchero

4 Carter

I think this is the core you build around. I like quite a few of our other pieces, and I think Moe Wagner’s impact is much more than we see on the court. 

Thanks jmmagicfan and agree about Moe …and to MagicMan1979 …yes I like Sharpe(duh lol) and wish we would have drafted him but that ship has sailed and he will never play here …the question was sincere and so were my answers …but nobody is wrong …it’s an opinion …wanted to see what others thought …that’s it .

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I’m actually more inclined to agree with ball junkie. It’s hard to argue with the results if you are looking at team success as the criteria. 
Fultz really is the engine that drives the train.  Banchero is the better scorer, but I think Franz is the better all-around player. I like Dell’s game a lot too. He’s a strong glue guy. 

1 Fultz

2 Franz

3 Banchero

4 Carter

I think this is the core you build around. I like quite a few of our other pieces, and I think Moe Wagner’s impact is much more than we see on the court. 

Mo Wagner's BB IQ is so much higher than Mo Bamba's. We need to trade Bamba for a guard that can shoot better than Suggs.

7 hours ago, ball junkie said:

My top 3 Magic players listed in order of importance and or team success/wins .

1 …Fultz

2 …Franz 

3 …Banchero 

My reasoning ? …Check our record with Fultz starting and when he’s not ….Franz is Mr 4th quarter …dude is shooting over 50 percent from 3 in the last quarter of our games and you already know how adept he is at taking the ball to the hole  …Banchero puts up numbers is a good player with all star potential and has shot the 3 better lately but still only at 31% for the season .

How would you rank them ? …while waiting for tonight’s game …

I love the thought process. For years we've needed a competent point guard, right Junkie? My goodness. I get chills thinking about EP... and not in a good way.

While I don't think Fultz has nearly the trade value as Franz and Paulo, it's hard to argue with your logic on this team right now.

I'd love to add another competent point guard behind Fultz, as I think that could only help us. One of the Jones brothers would be just fine, or someone like Derek White. A quasi-starter who could run next to Kelle. Meanwhile, I'd be fully open to trading Cole and/or Jalen. Both have a long way to go in this league.

Edit: Just to give Paulo some extra credit, dude is top 11 in the entire NBA for FTA/Game at 7.91 FTA/Game. That's incredible for a rookie. It's above guys like Dame and Durant. The next closest guy on our team is Franz at 4.5 FTA/Game

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Thanks jmmagicfan and agree about Moe …and to MagicMan1979 …yes I like Sharpe(duh lol) and wish we would have drafted him but that ship has sailed and he will never play here …the question was sincere and so were my answers …but nobody is wrong …it’s an opinion …wanted to see what others thought …that’s it .

I get what your saying about how an a competent guard has helped the offense a lot.  But at the same time don’t think a lot Magic fans appreciate Banchero as much as they should at this point.  When you put up numbers which are comparable to the top all time players you should get more flowers in my opinion.   As for Sharpe I just was joking around as I know he is your boy lol