Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

4 hours ago, Natesroom said:

If we win tonight and lose the back to back i am ok with that or lose then win. either way it will show our ability to not get flustered. I do think teams are really hounding Paolo defensively now that he is not getting the same looks as the first 10 games. Speaks well about how he warps the defense that they cannot leave him without a man to man hard up defensive player.

I would not want to see games like the ones below where the Magic has a close game against a team, losing by a single digit; then 2 nights later, lose in a blowout against the same team.

Below, see the Indiana and Philadelphia games I posted from the 2022-2023 schedule.

GK1sMX.png

qNQJi4.png

~FRIDAY NIGHT~

CELTICS VS MAGIC 

Friday, December 16th at 7:30 P.M., EST
TD GARDEN - Boston, MA
TV:  Bally Sports FL

***I have prepared a game thread starter for tonight's game--if interested. 

28 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

8 of our next 10 games are against team without a winning record. And 6 of them are at home. 

Will they keep up the intensity or play down to the comp? I’m loving this turnaround as of now 

On 12/14/2022 at 10:50 PM, TreyMachine said:

in light of recent events, I see a recent conversation between Mosley and Weltman in his office going something like:
Mosley: "You need to let us play at full capacity. This team can win. Let's stop with these overly cautious injuries and let's run."
Weltman: "You know we aren't making the playoffs. We need to tank for Wemby. You know that."
Mosley: "We can win NOW. We don't need him."
Wetlman: "I beg to differ."
Mosley: "Fine. I'll make you a deal. No more taking players out for non-existent injuries. We win 5 in a row and you give us back every player at full capacity. Jonathan. Wendell. Jalen. All of them."
Weltman: "That's not going to happen."
Mosley: "Prove me wrong."
Wetlman: ".... Fine... But you have to do it in the next 10 games or else Bol is going down with a knew injury for 20 games."
Mosley: "Fine... Just watch."
*Mosley exits and calls a meeting with Franz and Paolo*
Mosley: "You guys sick of losing? I have a way out....." 

Mosley looking at Weltman right after the game. 

092CA7BF-D74A-47A5-8DDC-0CD375123AC0.jpeg

• Like 2

Finally we seem to have turn an important corner. Like we were commenting earlier, the talent level of that group wasn't reflected by the record and the level of play. Let's build on it for the rest of the season.

I don't think we can get too carried away just yet. We had a great spell with a young team led by Oladipo and Harris if I recall and we eventually came crashing back down to earth and went through another long losing spell. You have to take the ups and the downs with young teams. Until we can have a winning record for a full season, i'm tempering my expectations

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I don't think we can get too carried away just yet. We had a great spell with a young team led by Oladipo and Harris if I recall and we eventually came crashing back down to earth and went through another long losing spell. You have to take the ups and the downs with young teams. Until we can have a winning record for a full season, i'm tempering my expectations

Very true but Wagner and Banchero are on a whole other level then Dipo and Harris when it comes to talent. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm a loser so I checked this. We only won 5 games in a row once while Harris was here. Nov/Dec 2015 with Scott Skiles as coach. 

Here are the teams we beat: 

A 32-50 Knicks team

A 33-49 Bucks team

A 48-34 Celtics team

A 29-53 T'Wolves team

A 40-42 Utah team. 

Only 1 playoff team and they were a 5th seed. Im not really making a point because I agree that we should expect plenty more losses this season just interesting. 

• Upvote 1