Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

10 hours ago, ball junkie said:

I wanna throw this out there …we all know the injury history and missing games here is crazy …I saw Fultz ankle injury Friday night …I thought it was bad certainly looked that way …all his weight on an ankle and foot turned to the side …I thought he was done for who knows how long …then he came back second half I’m sure after getting it rewrapped and tightening his shoe …I was wondering all day Saturday if once he relaxed and got a chance to survey the damage if he’d be back any time soon .

So we know the result …kudos to him …didn’t seem to bother him …with all the complaints we’ve made about this sitting guys for abnormal amounts of time …nice to have a story the complete opposite of what we’ve become conditioned too .

Agree. I had exactly the same thought process 

19 hours ago, ball junkie said:

I wanna throw this out there …we all know the injury history and missing games here is crazy …I saw Fultz ankle injury Friday night …I thought it was bad certainly looked that way …all his weight on an ankle and foot turned to the side …I thought he was done for who knows how long …then he came back second half I’m sure after getting it rewrapped and tightening his shoe …I was wondering all day Saturday if once he relaxed and got a chance to survey the damage if he’d be back any time soon .

So we know the result …kudos to him …didn’t seem to bother him …with all the complaints we’ve made about this sitting guys for abnormal amounts of time …nice to have a story the complete opposite of what we’ve become conditioned too .

We'll see if there isn't some lingering item that knocks him out.

I thought I would copy and post the Magic's 2022 -2023 schedule to take a look at the Magic's record in the first quarter. There were 20 + (adding 6 more)  games played in Quarter 1. I know that there are a total of 82(?) games played during the season.

I drew a red line to separate the first half from the second half of Quarter 1. Look at how the losses played out above the red line as oppose to the losses below the red line.

Season 2022 - 2023
 Quarter 1
26 Games   (Oct. 19 - Dec. 7, 2022)

qGWMzq.jpg

• Upvote 1

G0wagb.jpg MAGIC FANS
 MAGIC VS HAWKS 
~WEDNESDAY NIGHT~

Amway Center - Orlando, FL
Wednesday, December 14 at 7:00 P.M. EST
TV:  Bally Sports FL

dX4RmJ.png

***I have prepared and posted a game thread starter for tonight's game if interested.

So now that the Magic have 4 straight, including a 50 point quarter, are we starting to see some flashes of what this team can be capable of now that some key guys (i.e. Fultz) are getting healthy?

7 minutes ago, Franchise408 said:

So now that the Magic have 4 straight, including a 50 point quarter, are we starting to see some flashes of what this team can be capable of now that some key guys (i.e. Fultz) are getting healthy?

I think it’s more about having a true PG on the floor (no disrespect to Fultz.) I worried when their 2-5 point losses started to become blowouts about them imploding, but I’m thrilled with the progress they’ve made. We finally found some ballers. 

4 in a row!!! Let’s go. 

once we get Suggs, Gary Okeke, JI and most importantly WCJ back the sky will be the limit. 

Also, Markelle played really well tonight. 

22 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

4 in a row!!! Let’s go. 

once we get Suggs, Gary Okeke, JI and most importantly WCJ back the sky will be the limit. 

Also, Markelle played really well tonight. 

i agree     futz did everything you could ask of your starting PG   scored, blocked, stole, and had 9 assists and stayed out of foul trouble    

i dont think he is an all star any more, but i think he will continue to get even better

in light of recent events, I see a recent conversation between Mosley and Weltman in his office going something like:
Mosley: "You need to let us play at full capacity. This team can win. Let's stop with these overly cautious injuries and let's run."
Weltman: "You know we aren't making the playoffs. We need to tank for Wemby. You know that."
Mosley: "We can win NOW. We don't need him."
Wetlman: "I beg to differ."
Mosley: "Fine. I'll make you a deal. No more taking players out for non-existent injuries. We win 5 in a row and you give us back every player at full capacity. Jonathan. Wendell. Jalen. All of them."
Weltman: "That's not going to happen."
Mosley: "Prove me wrong."
Wetlman: ".... Fine... But you have to do it in the next 10 games or else Bol is going down with a knew injury for 20 games."
Mosley: "Fine... Just watch."
*Mosley exits and calls a meeting with Franz and Paolo*
Mosley: "You guys sick of losing? I have a way out....." 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

in light of recent events, I see a recent conversation between Mosley and Weltman in his office going something like:
Mosley: "You need to let us play at full capacity. This team can win. Let's stop with these overly cautious injuries and let's run."
Weltman: "You know we aren't making the playoffs. We need to tank for Wemby. You know that."
Mosley: "Fine. I'll make you a deal. No more taking players out for non-existent injuries. We win 5 in a row and you give us back every player at full capacity. Jonathan. Wendell. Jalen. All of them."
Wetlman: ".... Fine... But you have to do it in the next 10 games or else Bol is going down with a knew injury for 20 games."

this was hilarious... i would love to see you do more humorous conversations like this!

8 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I love these. Absolutely love them. Almost did something similar but might not have turned out as well