Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

17 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Amen, brother.  I’d give you +3 for that post if I could.  I’ve made many, many posts with similar comments in the past, but usually not put as well as your comment above.  

Appreciate it.

I've made lots of posts like this in the past, and have even supplied decades worth of stats and results to prove that tanking doesn't work, but unfortunately it's typically met with contention and downvotes. I've had to take a break from this place, and leave Facebook groups, because the fanbase is just so vocally adamant about losing at all costs, to the point of boo'ing wins and seemingly hating any sort of improvement or slivers of success. I don't watch sports to actively root against my team and watching them intentionally put a bad product on the floor. I understand that ups and downs happen, and I am generally pretty forgiving of down times because I understand the cycle of sports, the ups and downs, but I am not forgiving of intentional tanking and intentionally setting your team up for failure. I truly hope that's not what's happening. This roster is not in a position to be holding players out longer than necessary from injury in the name of "tanking", because this is talent that needs to play and develop.

• Upvote 1

This is from The Ringers Redraft.  So glad our Front Office got this one right.

1. Orlando Magic: Paolo Banchero

Magic’s original pick: Banchero
Banchero’s predraft ranking: 1st

Despite all the debate and mystery leading up to the draft, Orlando ultimately made the right selection in taking Banchero. And it’s clear now what the Magic are trying to do by building around massive length and players like Bol Bol and Franz Wagner. Even alongside so many long-limbed teammates, it’s still unusual to see a big man move the way Banchero does.

At 6-foot-10, he’s fluid like a guard, utilizing shifty crossovers, but he can still plow through defenders like stars his size traditionally would. Banchero can lower his shoulder to drive opponents underneath the basket, then spin like a ballerina from left to right to dunk over him with both hands. Or he can use crossovers to step back into jumpers unless he decides to counter by driving back into the paint to dunk over the entire defense. He makes the types of abnormal plays you see from megastars, and so far he has excelled in isolations. Even without a knockdown jumper, he could become one of the game’s best players, but developing that skill could send him soaring to All-NBA consideration in the future.

2 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

Me too. Curious if he'll start or come off the bench.

If it were me, I’d go 

PG: Fultz/Cole 

SG: Gary/ Caleb 

SF: Franz/Ross

PF: Bol/ M.Wagner 

C:  Paulo/ Bamba (if he plays). 

27 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

If it were me, I’d go 

PG: Fultz/Cole 

SG: Gary/ Caleb 

SF: Franz/Ross

PF: Bol/ M.Wagner 

C:  Paulo/ Bamba (if he plays). 

Are Cole and Ross back tonight as well? Because if so, yea I'd probably do that as well. Then when Suggs comes back, slot him in as the starting 2 guard.

G0wagb.jpg     MAGIC FANS
 MAGIC VS HAWKS 
~WEDNESDAY NIGHT~

Amway Center - Orlando, FL
Wednesday, November 30th at 7:00 P.M. EST
TV:  Bally Sports FL

dX4RmJ.png

BE THERE. Don't Leave Us Hanging!  :)
I have prepared and posted a game thread starter for tonight's game if interested.

I guess i have to give a shout out to Aaron Gordon for having his best year so far. Super good advanced stats this year and he looks good the couple times i actually watched the Nuggets play. I gave Gordon a ton of crap these last few years. He was the one player i predicted the Magic would draft all those years ago. He seemed up and down the last few years with the Nuggets. I think something just finally clicked for him but the truth is i think he just plays very well with Murray and when MPJ is off the floor.

Now how this relates to the Magic, if by the end of the year Fultz or Cole do not seem like the answer, we have to trade for a vet point guard. Nuff said. It's so important to the rest of the team.

Fultz is the PG we need

We need to all relax..

It's year 3 of proper rebuild 

Next season is the year we kick on and start to compete for championships 

29 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Next season is the year we kick on and start to compete for championships 

Not directed at you, but that's the same thing i remember reading last season...

Also, before competing for championship you usually need to take a first step and compete for a bottom playoff seed.

• Upvote 1