Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

58 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

such a wild shooting percentage

LOL, one of the weirdest differences I've ever seen I believe.

Curious to see what that team could do with a proper point guard, even if with his own limits.

4 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Should we get excited ? Or no ?

I'll believe it when I see it. There's a lot of time between now and Sunday for a piano to fall from the sky on him or coyotes wearing rocket skates to slam into him breaking his wrist. In other words, the only thing more comical than the amount of injuries is how long it takes.

Make sure Isaac doesn't get struck by lightning in the meantime too

• Upvote 2

On 7/26/2022 at 10:21 PM, JJZFL said:

I understand what you’re saying because we basketball fans don’t have much to focus on during the long offseason, especially when football season also hasn’t started yet.  Having said that, I recall that people were really eager to see us get back to basketball around this time last summer also and were looking forward to watching the Magic. It only took a few months after the season started, though, to realize the team was almost unwatchable.  At that point we couldn’t wait for the season to be over.  

Take home message:  be careful what you wish for.  I’m in no hurry to see this season start.  

On 7/26/2022 at 10:37 PM, All Eyes On Me said:

Man, you really took the bummer route with that post lol…

I enjoy the NBA even when we’re not good, and I think we’ll be fun to watch this year. Also a huge CFB and NFL fan, and MLB and Golf being the only things on really just don’t do it for me. So, I stand by what I said about it being the worst sports time of the year for me as a fan. 

On 7/27/2022 at 1:12 AM, Jay Magic said:

Do you like basketball? Lol

I got some downvotes for my post above but I have to admit that right now my enthusiasm for watching the Magic play is dropping by the game, and we’re not even a quarter into the season yet.  Losing consistently usually just isn’t that much fun to watch.  

Just another reminder of how rosy things always look and sound over the summer.  

• Upvote 1

I upvoted you at the time, and i did it again now. I actually still watch them, and watched them last season more than they deseved (by far).

But the point for me is the absurd optimism that comes back every summer, followed by the delusion at every start of the season. I would like a more realistic approach in both situations.

• Upvote 1

We still have 3/4 of the season left, and I never expected Isaac back anyway. Sounds like the only people ruled out for tonight at the moment are Cole and JI, and Cole should be back in a week. 

I still don’t like how we handle injuries, and I’m super nervous that the “bug” will pile up again, but we might actually get to see what a full strength version of this team looks like soon. I hope they don’t do the next 20 games of Kelle as some sort of off the bench pitch count BS, but they probably will.

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I got some downvotes for my post above but I have to admit that right now my enthusiasm for watching the Magic play is dropping by the game, and we’re not even a quarter into the season yet.  Losing consistently usually just isn’t that much fun to watch.  

Just another reminder of how rosy things always look and sound over the summer.  

I stand by what I said in my response to your post; and I can tell you I didn’t downvote you, I don’t downvote people. So far you’re right, it’s been a rough start to the season. The nba in summer is kinda like the Ted Lasso season 1 finale, It’s the hope that kills ya.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm still absurdly optimistic tbh. 

But at least you're consistent, as i told you last time! :)

Honestly i wasn't expecting such a bad start either, but I'm still optimistic in the sense that this team, with less injuries, will make some noise and be more attractive again to watch. That's the minimum target IMO, season is still long and there's still options to make a comeback with a positive run, but that's asking too much for what we've seen until that point.

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I stand by what I said in my response to your post; and I can tell you I didn’t downvote you, I don’t downvote people. So far you’re right, it’s been a rough start to the season. The nba in summer is kinda like the Ted Lasso season 1 finale, It’s the hope that kills ya.

Sorry, I never thought you downvoted me, and I apologize if my post implied otherwise. I enjoy your posts, even if we aren’t in total agreement from time to time (and if we all were in total agreement 100% of the time, why even bother to have a discussion board?) :)

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We still have 3/4 of the season left, and I never expected Isaac back anyway. Sounds like the only people ruled out for tonight at the moment are Cole and JI, and Cole should be back in a week. 

I still don’t like how we handle injuries, and I’m super nervous that the “bug” will pile up again, but we might actually get to see what a full strength version of this team looks like soon. I hope they don’t do the next 20 games of Kelle as some sort of off the bench pitch count BS, but they probably will.

Five others are “questionable” including Fultz, Carter and Suggs, but yeah, appears we’re moving (slowly) in the right direction from an injury standpoint.