Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

The idea that we're holding out entirely healthy athletes is insane and unfounded.

As has been pointed out Fultz, Isaac, and the Players Union would be losing their minds because this would legitimately be reducing their chances of earning. 

If Fultz isn't back it's because he's not healed, he's not past the point where there's significant chance of reinjury, or his stamina isn't up to being able to play real minutes since he missed preseason. 

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

The idea that we're holding out entirely healthy athletes is insane and unfounded.

As has been pointed out Fultz, Isaac, and the Players Union would be losing their minds because this would legitimately be reducing their chances of earning. 

If Fultz isn't back it's because he's not healed, he's not past the point where there's significant chance of reinjury, or his stamina isn't up to being able to play real minutes since he missed preseason. 

Well, since they don’t give us any meaningful updates, it’s all speculation.  Clearly the normal time frame for a toe fracture didn’t happen here.  In general, it seems like our players exceed the normal time frames for almost every injury.  Unless the injuries are different from what little bit of information they provide.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Pro athlete stubs his toe while walking around his house and breaks it??  Somehow I don’t find that convincing.  How many of you have broken your toes while walking around the house?

As a medical professional this is actually one of the more common ways to fracture a toe.  It’s also known as a bedroom fracture.  It takes around 6 weeks to heal typically.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

As a medical professional this is actually one of the more common ways to fracture a toe.  It’s also known as a bedroom fracture.  It takes around 6 weeks to heal typically.

I could be completely wrong but didn't he also not realise it was fractured until training camp? Wouldn't that also set him back if he needed to have a small procedure if he was letting it heal while it was broken unevenly?

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yes, it’s not that healthy players are being held out, there’s no way we could legally do that. However, it does seem that we’re a lot more strict on boxes these players have to check to return to the court than other teams, and we get zero meaningful information on updates if setbacks occur. It really comes down to a JI and Markelle issue, the rest of the guys are just icing on the cake, but the reason why people are like this is because of the previous 2 mentioned, especially Isaac.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Well, now at day 59 which is more than 8 weeks and no sign of Fultz even being close, although with all the top secrecy from this team you never know.  We’re closing in on him already missing a quarter of the season. 

Pro athlete stubs his toe while walking around his house and breaks it??  Somehow I don’t find that convincing.  How many of you have broken your toes while walking around the house?

I can buy the injury but it's ridiculous that it's taking this long. These guys are probably acting on bad medical advice and don't even realize it 

3 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Ok.  Thank you for the information.  I know a lot about internal medicine but very little about toe fractures.  Can’t ever recall hearing about this injury in a professional athlete before, though. Have they even said which toe is fractured?

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yes, it’s not that healthy players are being held out, there’s no way we could legally do that. However, it does seem that we’re a lot more strict on boxes these players have to check to return to the court than other teams, and we get zero meaningful information on updates if setbacks occur. It really comes down to a JI and Markelle issue, the rest of the guys are just icing on the cake, but the reason why people are like this is because of the previous 2 mentioned, especially Isaac.

Agree and +1.  Really no updates regarding Anthony or Banchero either.  As you say, that just increases the aggravation factor

18 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I'm late for the party, but my sister stubbed her toe while walking around in her house. Her toe was swollen. I think she stubbed it on the corner of a chair. She lived in Maryland and had planned to fly to Florida to visit family. She didn't see a Podiatrist in Maryland because she had made airline reservation before the accident. She saw a Podiatrist after arriving in Daytona Beach, and he put her in a walking boot. 

I have stubbed my toe before, and I could feel the pain up through my leg.

**I know, there's nothing else to talk about**  :)