Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

14 hours ago, harley said:

Surely we’re getting Paulo and Fultz back Friday 

Given the way this team manages injuries I wouldn’t expect it

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Given the way this team manages injuries I wouldn’t expect it

Yesterday I saw Fultz and Paolo post the same picture on IG of the both of them sitting court side saying they will be back soon. We need them back in the worst way possible because I can’t take seeing Admiral and Kevon play extended minutes anymore and watch Bamba in the starting lineup. 

55 minutes ago, Fire Weltham said:

Yesterday I saw Fultz and Paolo post the same picture on IG of the both of them sitting court side saying they will be back soon. We need them back in the worst way possible because I can’t take seeing Admiral and Kevon play extended minutes anymore and watch Bamba in the starting lineup. 

I’ve been fooled by Markelle’s instagram too many times. I’m sure they are trying to send a message or tease the fans, but if I’ve learned anything about this team it’s that the players have zero say on when they’re coming back from injury. I’d love to at least get some guys back for the home game though, my patience is wearing thin.

17 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’ve been fooled by Markelle’s instagram too many times. I’m sure they are trying to send a message or tease the fans, but if I’ve learned anything about this team it’s that the players have zero say on when they’re coming back from injury. I’d love to at least get some guys back for the home game though, my patience is wearing thin.

I hear ya but hopefully this time it isn’t just smoke screens and we actually see them sooner rather than later. I’m about to lose interest for this season and it isn’t even December yet smh. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Fire Weltham said:

We need them back in the worst way possible because I can’t take seeing Admiral and Kevon play extended minutes anymore and watch Bamba in the starting lineup. 

Truer words have never been spoken.

On 11/18/2022 at 5:34 PM, TreyMachine said:

All joking aside, if Banchero has a Mamba mentality, I imagine if he’s healthy that he’s beginning to harbor resentment to our management. If you’re a competitor, you want to play. It’s just wild to me that we have so many players out whom seem to indicate they’re ready to go. You start planting seeds you aren’t a serious organization about winning… culture NEEDS to change. 

This is just one of many reasons why tanking is an invalid strategy.

On 11/17/2022 at 10:02 AM, Phil4Real said:

This is absurd. Who says for sure if we tank again (and again) suddenly one day we have the right amount of talent and health to compete and become a championship team?

That's not how championship teams are built. This is not how sports work. There's no example of a team who tanked one year after another and then became a dinasty. In the real world you have to compete to grow and make progress as a team, and you have to build a winning culture step by step. 

I agree with that. How many years our best players are going to wait to this process to get in a winner spot? In the end, the teams that compete win the ring. Point to me serial tanking teams that became dinastys if you think I'm wrong.

Careful. I've pointed this out plenty in years past and get downvoted into oblivion because people around here have devoted themselves to the mindset that we have to tank for picks.

7 hours ago, Fire Weltham said:

I hear ya but hopefully this time it isn’t just smoke screens and we actually see them sooner rather than later. I’m about to lose interest for this season and it isn’t even December yet smh. 

That was the marker I set not that long ago about whether this season is a success or a failure; whether we still wanted to watch the games in January or whether the discussion had shifted to tanking by then.  So far the early returns are suggesting a much higher likelihood of failure by my metric.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2022 at 9:20 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Of all the injuries that could have happened a fractured toe is hardly a terrible one. Just unfortunate. He'll miss training camp though and possibly a week or two of the season. 

On 9/25/2022 at 9:34 AM, All Eyes On Me said:

No surgery so probably a 4-6 week timeline in healing. He’ll more than likely miss the start of the season, but hopefully not much more than that.

On 9/26/2022 at 11:12 AM, Jay Magic said:

Well, now at day 59 which is more than 8 weeks and no sign of Fultz even being close, although with all the top secrecy from this team you never know.  We’re closing in on him already missing a quarter of the season. 

Pro athlete stubs his toe while walking around his house and breaks it??  Somehow I don’t find that convincing.  How many of you have broken your toes while walking around the house?

8 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Well, now at day 59 which is more than 8 weeks and no sign of Fultz even being close, although with all the top secrecy from this team you never know.  We’re closing in on him already missing a quarter of the season. 

Pro athlete stubs his toe while walking around his house and breaks it??  Somehow I don’t find that convincing.  How many of you have broken your toes while walking around the house?

I’ve broken my “pinkie” toe that way several times and my sister has done it so many times we’ve lost count; but usually you just tape it to the next toe, rest it for a couple days and go on with life. I would expect it to be longer for an athlete who is dependent on running and jumping, but 8+ weeks does seem excessive.

28 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Great post …when I questioned the season ticket sales about the tanking issue they said  we aren’t and that they aren’t worried, that their phones were lighting up at that moment …given our current state we’ll see how long that lasts .

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

Yeah. I got nothing here. Add Markelle’s current contract situation and it gets even hairier. Like, if we don’t pick up his contract and cut him this summer for that $2 million hit because we don’t feel he’s showed us enough, and he feels like we wrongfully held him out of games to allow him to prove himself that could get messy. Also really doesn’t look good for any potential free agents that would actually want to come here to compete.

• Upvote 1