Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

3 hours ago, hootie249 said:

OMG shut up about Sharpe. Go to the rookie thread. Yes he might turn into a star someday. Could not take a chance with someone with so little tape with the number one pick.

Wish we had two top picks but we didn't. Paolo was the right pick. I really love Mathurin and think he would be a great fit for our team but i'm not putting in all this effort to showcase him.

Big men superstars win championships. MJ and Steph Curry altered that fact a little because they were truly one of a kind players.

Paolo is our man.

Could not agree more with your post!  Paulo is looking like a generational player early in his career. Every game he plays he has some record that only hall of farmers have to start their careers. Sharpe might be an all star someday for sure but unless he becomes MJ or Kobe, Banchero is the no brainer superstar every team needs to build around. He isn’t just some big. His ball handling and playmaking at his size is unbelievable. 

2 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Could not agree more with your post!  Paulo is looking like a generational player early in his career. Every game he plays he has some record that only hall of farmers have to start their careers. Sharpe might be an all star someday for sure but unless he becomes MJ or Kobe, Banchero is the no brainer superstar every team needs to build around. He isn’t just some big. His ball handling and playmaking at his size is unbelievable. 

Paulo puts up big numbers.  But he’s been a bit of a defensive liability.  Ultimately the only thing that matters is if we win games with him.  It’s only been a few games , far too early to tell anything, but right now our record is better without him than with him.  

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Paulo puts up big numbers.  But he’s been a bit of a defensive liability.  Ultimately the only thing that matters is if we win games with him.  It’s only been a few games , far too early to tell anything, but right now our record is better without him than with him.  

Jordan, Lebron, Giannis, Doncic, Durant, Curry and many more all had losing seasons in their rookie years man. Do you really think The Magic are better without him?  What more could he have done in his first 11 games?  Am I wrong in saying he has been the most impressive Magic rookie since Shaq?

4 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Someone said Franz is a bigger Manu Ginobli and i can really see it now properly 

A 6'10 Manu would be great. Manu is one of my all time favourite players. Hope he wins as many championships as Manu. (Think he could put up better stats than Manu too) 

18 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Someone said Franz is a bigger Manu Ginobli and i can really see it now properly 

I actually can't, they seem so different to me...

Credit where it’s due…

As frustrating as this year has been, some guys are clearly improving: Franz, Jalen, RJ and Bol. Franz’s last 10 games are really encouraging, volume and percentage wise. Now we just need WeltHam (or our doctors) to let our guys play or we need to get healthy players. And for the record, I’m anti-tanking with this season.

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/orl/orlando-magic

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Credit where it’s due…

As frustrating as this year has been, some guys are clearly improving: Franz, Jalen, RJ and Bol. Franz’s last 10 games are really encouraging, volume and percentage wise. Now we just need WeltHam (or our doctors) to let our guys play or we need to get healthy players. And for the record, I’m anti-tanking with this season.

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/orl/orlando-magic

I am not sure why RJ isnt getting a litte more burn. At 15 mins a game and some DNP,  yet RJ is a hitting almost 50% of his 3pts and 2pts - he is averaging 1 TO a game compared to 2.5 - 3.5 of all our starters

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

I am not sure why RJ isnt getting a litte more burn. At 15 mins a game and some DNP,  yet RJ is a hitting almost 50% of his 3pts and 2pts - he is averaging 1 TO a game compared to 2.5 - 3.5 of all our starters

I understood it at the beginning of the season, as he looked even worse in summer league than ever before, like just plain bad. However, as he has gotten minutes during the season, he has actually looked like he has really progressed. As you said, I don't know why he isn't getting more time now, especially with our issues at the guard spots. It makes no sense, unless he is in Mosely's dog house for stuff we aren't seeing, or unless the FO doesn't want him playing for some reason. I would say maybe a trade, but it has just been too long for that to be the reason, and there doesn't seem to be any disciplinary issues, so who knows what's going on with RJ. A "nagging" injury they don't want to talk about?