Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

5 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

When you’re playing alongside Damian Lillard, Anfernee Simons, and Jerami Grant you’ll get a ton of wide open looks because they command so much attention from the defense. If we had him on this team I’d bet he’d struggle shooting. 

As he would have playing alongside Fultz in terms of open looks …Portland is overachieving …weren’t expected to be this good …kid can shoot …they are grooming him one day to take over the Lillard role ….and nobody trying to discredit Banchero …he’s a star in his own right …but I said it all summer and I maintain we needed a guard …he’s exactly how Jonathan Givony described …shooting included …I watch their games …he’s the opposite of ball hog .

Man TrueMagicFan you have no idea how it kills me watching him now and wishing his talent was in Orlando …every time Sharpe is in a potential transition situation the crowd starts getting out of their seat in anticipation so as to not miss something spectacular …don’t think they’d trade him for anyone at this point.

Lastly, since it seems most here now(including me) are ready to acknowledge the tank is on …if that was the plan all along should have drafted Sharpe and develop him while losing and could probably get higher in the Victor sweepstakes .

So glad now I didn’t spend mucho money on the Magic front office mystery show .

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Banchero already ruled out for tonight. 

I’m gonna be honest y’all, I’m struggling this season. I’m not local to Orlando anymore so I spend up for league pass to be able to watch my lifelong team play. I try to tune in to as many games as I can, I’ve done it my whole life. But the team knowingly and willingly putting out an inferior product on the court time after time with no clarity is getting to disrespectful levels to the fanbase. Isaac hasn’t played in over 2 years, Fultz is being held out even though we’ve heard he’s healthy straight from the source, Paolo is the latest where he seemed to be progressing and practicing and now all of a sudden he can’t play. I understand that tanking has been our directive for years, but right now I feel as if we have the talent to compete, we’re just choosing not to. So incredibly frustrating.

This is where I am. I’m just about out on this franchise. 

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

As he would have playing alongside Fultz in terms of open looks …Portland is overachieving …weren’t expected to be this good …kid can shoot …they are grooming him one day to take over the Lillard role ….and nobody trying to discredit Banchero …he’s a star in his own right …but I said it all summer and I maintain we needed a guard …he’s exactly how Jonathan Givony described …shooting included …I watch their games …he’s the opposite of ball hog .

Man TrueMagicFan you have no idea how it kills me watching him now and wishing his talent was in Orlando …every time Sharpe is in a potential transition situation the crowd starts getting out of their seat in anticipation so as to not miss something spectacular …don’t think they’d trade him for anyone at this point.

Lastly, since it seems most here now(including me) are ready to acknowledge the tank is on …if that was the plan all along should have drafted Sharpe and develop him while losing and could probably get higher in the Victor sweepstakes .

So glad now I didn’t spend mucho money on the Magic front office mystery show .

I hear you but we are still waiting for Fultz to come back so I don’t think we would see the same efficient shooting at this same point of the season if he was on the Magic. I watched the game last night and I do agree he has a nice stroke from deep and is Uber athletic I’m just not so sure he would produce the same shooting clip if he was on our squad. However I do think we have an excellent shooter in Caleb Houstan he just hasn’t been getting the ball in the right spots and a lot of times the passes he receives are at the end of the shot clock or just bad passes in general, where he has to adjust which gives the defender enough time to close out on him. I believe once Fultz comes back he will find the open man and make good passes which Houstan should benefit tremendously from playing alongside an actual PG. 

Last game was frustrating, but I see some overall growth in the team. I love watching Franz, Paulo and WCJ, and the role playing of Chuma, Caleb and RJ has been been encouraging. Bol Bol is just a wild story, so we’ll see about him. Meanwhile, our guard situation is what’s been driving me crazy… for years. That’s the great disappointment in O-Town.

Gonna be totally against the grain here but if we are tanking which we are now I can see it clearly. 

Then thinking longterm i think its the correct thing to do. This draft we should have 2 high lotto picks. 

I trust the front office has a plan and we just have to stick with them. They are clearly good at what they do. 

This season is the last stealth tank job and next season its game on.

Maybe a hard pill to swallow but the development of the key players is all i care about.

Paolo.. Franz.. Suggs.. Fultz... Houstan...

Heaven forbid J.I comes back and stays healthy. He looks very good in practice vids. Remember also this front office gave him the extension so they clearly believed in him massively. Its been a long long road but if there plan works and he is healthy for the rest of his career then they have done there jobs CORRECTLY.

They have unearthed a absolute Gem in Bol Bol also. Clear to see. This guy is gonna be special. He is basically a rookie also. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Some of you guys only pay attention to the Magic. I get that. Lots of other teams are missing players, lots of other teams have strange rest days. I read box scores almost every night and i swear about 1/3rd of the league does not play on a nightly basis. Yes i think we are more snake bitten then the average team. You all just have to chill a bit. I bet one month from now it will be much better, but if it's not then we can ***** all we want.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Gonna be totally against the grain here but if we are tanking which we are now I can see it clearly. 

Then thinking longterm i think its the correct thing to do. This draft we should have 2 high lotto picks. 

I trust the front office has a plan and we just have to stick with them. They are clearly good at what they do. 

This season is the last stealth tank job and next season its game on.

Maybe a hard pill to swallow but the development of the key players is all i care about.

Paolo.. Franz.. Suggs.. Fultz... Houstan...

Heaven forbid J.I comes back and stays healthy. He looks very good in practice vids. Remember also this front office gave him the extension so they clearly believed in him massively. Its been a long long road but if there plan works and he is healthy for the rest of his career then they have done there jobs CORRECTLY.

They have unearthed an absolute Gem in Bol Bol also. Clear to see. This guy is gonna be special. He is basically a rookie also. 

If this is seriously what this FO is doing then they shouldn’t be running this franchise. The odds of us getting the number 1 pick in consecutive years much less top 3 is slim to none I mean it’s the Magic we are talking about. When’s the last time we had any luck go our way? We need to be playing to win, we’ve been tanking for too many years and haven’t seen that translate to wins on the floor. If guys are available to play you put them out there it’s not rocket science. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Fire Weltham said:

When’s the last time we had any luck go our way?

Getting the number one pick who is putting up Hall of Fame stats. Trading Vuch for Carter Jr, Wagner and another pick this year. By the way Chicago isn’t looking great so far. That pick looks really good today. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Getting the number one pick who is putting up Hall of Fame stats. Trading Vuch for Carter Jr, Wagner and another pick this year. By the way Chicago isn’t looking great so far. That pick looks really good today. 

Which still hasn’t translated to wins and we’ve had more injuries than any team in the league the past 2-3 seasons. So all of that means nothing if you aren’t winning basketball games and putting a competent product out on the floor that people are willing to watch play. How many lottery picks do we currently have on our team and yet we can’t even break 25 wins? That should tell you all you need to know…. I’m not denying we have some nice pieces but the way this FO is handling these injuries and all the secrecy behind it is laughable.  

• Upvote 1