Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Was our defense in the Mavericks game really that good or were they just not hitting open shots? I find it hard to believe we lose Paolo and somehow our team turns into a defensive juggernaut that that stat sheet shows while allowing like 120+ PPG in the last 4 straight games. 

Chuma defended Luka the majority of the game and did a very good job. Defending Luka was also by committee. Bol Bol was up in his face a few times at the top of the 3 pt. line.

Six Magic players each blocked a shot--Okeke, Carter, Bol, Bama, Suggs, Hampton. They were blocking Mavericks shots by committee. :)  

Over all, the Magic did a very good job on defense!

Edit: Luka looked frustrated the entire game, and was always looking for the refs' whistle. He was even put on his butt a couple of times under the basket.

He is a player who was always bubbly, bouncing around and flexing his muscles after making a shot.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

The Pelicans have the Lakers pick from the Anthony Davis trade.

Edit. To be even more specific i don't think it's possible for the Lakers to make the playoffs this year. It would take a miracle and perfect health from LeBron and Davis.

So the Pelicans are going to have a chance at the number one if the lotto balls like them.

Double edit. Just for fun i fired up the old tankathon sim lottery and the first run had the Lakers pick being number 1 and going to the Pelicans! LOL

https://www.tankathon.com/

Thanks hootie …I just assumed my son had checked lol …wow the PELS looming large …I know that simulation shows the Magic picking high again but I am sick of the lottery picks …it’s time for the Magic to start winning …we’ve got lottery pick after lottery pick already on the roster 

• Upvote 1

Another season where Markelle is gonna miss at least close to half of it. I love the kid, and he’s mega talented, but he’s one more injury away from us not picking up his option, if that ship hasn’t already sailed.

5 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Another season where Markelle is gonna miss at least close to half of it. I love the kid, and he’s mega talented, but he’s one more injury away from us not picking up his option, if that ship hasn’t already sailed.

Oh my gosh wait till everybody gets a load of this …3-4 more weeks smh …unreal …it’s like they wanna lose/tank 

Just now, MagicFanDan said:

Both Fultz and Issac have said they are ready to play now, but management won’t let them.

This is nuts 

Yeah this Weltman and Hammond business has gotten way out of hand. It’s like they are trying to intentionally sabotage this team but being overly cautious and not letting these guys play. 

4 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Edit: Luka looked frustrated the entire game, and was always looking for the refs' whistle. He was even put on his butt a couple of times under the basket.

He is a player who was always bubbly, bouncing around and flexing his muscles after making a shot.

Just... like every game in his life? :D

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Yeah this Weltman and Hammond business has gotten way out of hand. It’s like they are trying to intentionally sabotage this team but being overly cautious and not letting these guys play. 

They are probably drooling over Victor W., 

Sooooooo

On 11/10/2022 at 10:55 AM, TreyMachine said:

Was our defense in the Mavericks game really that good or were they just not hitting open shots? I find it hard to believe we lose Paolo and somehow our team turns into a defensive juggernaut that that stat sheet shows while allowing like 120+ PPG in the last 4 straight games. 

Just posted on exactly this topic in the Dallas game thread.  I can’t explain it, but our defense definitely looked much better than the recent Swiss cheese performances.  It wasn’t simply a matter of Dallas missing open looks.  

I don’t know what changed, but I hope we can figure it out so that it continues, Banchero or no Banchero.