Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

I’m happy that offense doesn’t seem to be our issue anymore but I’m concerned these last few games about how bad our team defense has been. Our lineups are HUGE compared to others and we should be swarming on defense. 

Cant win games when we consistently give up 120+ PPG…

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I’m happy that offense doesn’t seem to be our issue anymore but I’m concerned these last few games about how bad our team defense has been. Our lineups are HUGE compared to others and we should be swarming on defense. 

Can someone explain what is this free for all style of basketball that Mr. Mosley has this team playing?

Whatever it is....is a mess, in my opinion.

15 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Breaking News on our mystery boys 

Man... Don't either of you slam your thumb into a door, slip in the shower, throw out your back taking a leak or walk past a building where a piano falls on your head.

This needs to be the end of the "Isaac and Fultz are always hurt" saga. Itsbeen84yearsmeme.jpg

18 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Orlando Magic Buy Low on Ben Simmons

Orlando Magic Receive: PG Ben Simmons

Brooklyn Nets Receive: F/C Mo Bamba, SF Terrence Ross, SG Gary Harris

On the long list of the Nets' problems is the play of Simmons, who's struggled in a return from back surgery. The 26-year-old is averaging just 6.2 points per game on the worst shooting of his career (44.1 percent). He's attempted just one three-pointer on the season and has still shown no interest in expanding his game.

"Ben Simmons has been a source of frustration for Kevin Durant, for others on the Nets so far, because he's been unable to stay on the floor with a knee injury, but prior to that, he has shown that he's a long way away from being back to an impactful player," ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski said on NBA Today.

The best thing for Simmons' career would be getting out of the circus in Brooklyn and moving to a young, rebuilding team in a small market where he can focus on basketball and not be in the center of a media storm every single night.

Because of this, the Orlando Magic would be a perfect fit.

Orlando loves its tall, versatile lineups, ones the 6'10" Simmons can plug into immediately. There would be enough scoring options around him in players like Paolo Banchero, Franz Wagner, Wendell Carter Jr. and Cole Anthony so that Simmons could focus on playmaking, rebounding and defense.

For Brooklyn, getting back a trio of rotation players would mean a deeper, more talented roster overall.

Bamba would give the frontcourt another shot-blocking presence, plus the ability to step out and knock down threes. Ross has long represented instant offense off the bench, and Harris will be a valuable three-and-D wing when he returns from arthroscopic knee surgery.

Note: Bamba is not eligible to be traded until Dec. 15.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10054831-fresh-trade-ideas-spinning-off-latest-news-and-rumors

So trade some of our 3 best 3-point shooters for a non shooting guard to help our team which is statistically one of the worst 3-point teams in the league? PASS

58 minutes ago, Captain said:

So trade some of our 3 best 3-point shooters for a non shooting guard to help our team which is statistically one of the worst 3-point teams in the league? PASS

I made the suggestion of trying to get Simmons for cheap and just using him as a passer at the beginning of the season. That was quickly shot down. I agree with you that this is not a good deal. Why would we want to give away three guy's who at certain moments shoot the ball for someone who is to scared? I would still do a deal of maybe Mo and either cash or a second round pick. Simmons should be cheaper than what we did to get Fultz.

On Ben Simmons: please.  PLEASE DONT. This guy has psychological insecurities and his talent is desceptive. I see him as a taller and extremely reluctant elfrid payton. 

9 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Or even 134

i wonder how many games the Magic have won when they’ve given up 70 or more in the first half.