Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

I was just wondering cause i cant help being a part of the problem. I sold tonights game and the Lakers in Dec, and i'm already a 1/4 of the way to renewal. If we keep competing and not looking like a bad team this year will hopefully end with me attending about 15-18 games and selling the other 23-26 and breaking even.

• Like 1

I was working so i couldn't watch the game but i'm going to watch the replay this morning. GO MAGIC. Nice win!

My friend was sending me pictures from courtside seats they were given during the game. SO jealous!!!

It's good to know Suggs has it in him.

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Jalen freakin Suggs! What a game. I feel like I don’t give his ceiling enough credit.

Also an extremely impressive post game interview for that young man

This is the breakout game that Jalen needed, against none other than the great Steph Curry....if Markelle can come back for Saturday's game and beyond, would be a powerfull boost for the the guards group.

RJ is playing awesome too....in about 16 minutes per game:

PPG 7, Reb 2, Ast 1.3

3PT 9 of 16 = 56% 

FT 12 of 13 = 92%

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

This is the breakout game that Jalen needed, against none other than the great Steph Curry....if Markelle can come back for Saturday's game and beyond, would be a powerfull boost for the the guards group.

PPG 7, Reb 2, Ast 1.3

3PT 9 of 16 = 56% 

FT 12 of 13 = 92%

Great improvement from RJ, he has been very solid off the bench and actually is one of the best ball handlers in the team right now. This season he looks much more in control and he is passing more and better the ball. Great to see that percentages.

Of course, he is playing for his next contract (GM didn't extend him).

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

PPG 7, Reb 2, Ast 1.3

3PT 9 of 16 = 56% 

FT 12 of 13 = 92%

I hadn’t heard Fultzs  was coming back Saturday, where did you see that? 

That was the first full magic game that I've watched in 6 years. Whatan excellent showcase of new talent.  Its unfortunate that we have burden of a corrupt medical staff, Adventhealth.  If it comes down to a major injury, Magic players would take 3 -fifths of their contract to comeback from injury. 

• Like 2

BIG improvement from 3 players the last game(s). Suggs, Chuma, and RJ have all stepped up and become important. Although we don't have a great record we have played hard in every game. Big improvement across the board.

For a team that is very cautious in bringing players back from long-term injuries, it feels like a time to help players reach those final checks and clearances to return to the court.

So how close are players to returning? Mosley actually gave some detail on where players are at in his pregame press conference Thursday. Mosley said they are each doing small pieces of the team’s prep, but nobody has made it to 5-on-5 yet.

Wagner is not doing any 5-on-5 yet. Harris and Isaac are still doing half-court drills and getting some bumps (whether that is still controlled drills or full half-court play is unclear). Fultz is not doing that part yet. Mosley said Fultz is still wearing his boot/sandal for some drills but not wearing it for others.

There are still clearly steps every player has to make to get back onto the court. Of course, it may take one practice to clear that hurdle and be back on the court. Magic fans are again left in the dark.

With Anthony, there is perhaps some clarity.

Khobi Price of the Orlando Sentinel reports Anthony should be back on the court for individual work soon and he hopes to be back around Thanksgiving or early December.

https://orlandomagicdaily.com/2022/11/04/long-homestand-gives-orlando-magic-hope-health/

20 hours ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Where are all the Suggs haters at?!

I've not expressed hate and neither bad words for him, still in second year, long way to go. But even in the great game he had yesterday, in the first part was leaving Curry a lot of space from the 3 even, when you should stay attached at him as hell, and even going under the blocking man a lot of times. I don't know if it's on him or on coaching plan, but either way was a terrible idea.

Great win, hope that could gave confidence to all the group, but GS is not exactly dominating the league right now, so i hope they stay humble.