Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

24 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Anybody seen an update on Fultz, Cole or Gary? 

Are you kidding?  This is the Magic we’re talking about.  Every injury is a state secret.  

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Extential said:

I have to say that I have seen enough of Mosley’s coaching ability and he should go the way of doc rivers when we hit 1-10.

Just like Steve Nash of the Brooklyn Nets yesterday, fired after 1-5.

This team sucks big time but the future looks bright as hell. Banchero is a stud and we're gonna have another top lottery pick in an awesome draft class. Wembanyama would be great, but Scoot Henderson or either of the Arkansas guards would work as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KCmagicFAN said:

This team sucks big time but the future looks bright as hell. Banchero is a stud and we're gonna have another top lottery pick in an awesome draft class. Wembanyama would be great, but Scoot Henderson or either of the Arkansas guards would work as well.

Franz, Banchero and Wemby with Bol off the bench would be destruction on a galactic scale. Like if that happened, literally everyone else is on the table to be moved. God bless him but that means Fultz too if he can't stay healthy. 

So much of why we're here is waiting for players to get healthy 

I'm gonna resort to military memes about tanking until this team wins another game. We have commanders of legions of losing here

Captain Cole

Lieutenant Suggs

General Bamba

Sergeant Major Isaac

Admiral Schofield 

If Fultz is out another month he joins too

21 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Jaque Vaughn Part 2?

Im not sure how a coach firing will make our team better, when we are missing 33% of the squad. Other then a few rotations which are horrible, hes not really the issue.

However i would like to see this rotation:
First Quarter Start
Franz, Bol, WCJ, Paolo, suggs - at 5 minute mark sub bol for MoB, suggs for hampton, Paolo for Chuma
End of 1st
Franz, MoB, Hampton, Chuma, WCJ
Start of 2nd
Chuma, Bol, Hampton, Houstan, MoB Sub at 8-7 minute mark
Franz, WCJ, Paolo, Bol, Suggs Maybe sub out Bol if tire for bamba again.

3rd Quarter Start
Franz, Bol, WCJ, Paolo, suggs
about 7 minute mark Sub
Franz, MoB, WCJ, Paolo, suggs
Sub about 3 minute
Chuma, MoB, Bol, Hampton, Houstan

4th Quarter start.
Chuma, MoB, Paolo, Hampton, Houstan
Sub about 8 minute
Franz, Bol, WCJ, Paolo, suggs

Basically cutting Admiral and Kevon (cause GH, MF, MW, JI, TR, CA injured)

What do 6 assistant coaches do? Why so many?

• Upvote 1

Look i want to point out something positive. Radio guys on 740 the team recognize we have talent now. That was always our big problem. We now need to get healthy and start forming a team. It's almost impossible to talk about the team until some of these guys get back. And yes some of them have to go. Sure maybe we could have chosen to move on from a few players this offseason but we still expected them to be playing now. 

I just don't know what we could do that wouldn't be a kneejerk reaction. The most movable players in the league are on teams that aren't going to trade them for peanuts. And nobody is moving **** until some of the 3 month signing restrictions are reached in December. Just gonna have to wait for Fultz,Gary etc....

11 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Look i want to point out something positive. Radio guys on 740 the team recognize we have talent now. That was always our big problem. We now need to get healthy and start forming a team. It's almost impossible to talk about the team until some of these guys get back. And yes some of them have to go. Sure maybe we could have chosen to move on from a few players this offseason but we still expected them to be playing now. 

I just don't know what we could do that wouldn't be a kneejerk reaction. The most movable players in the league are on teams that aren't going to trade them for peanuts. And nobody is moving **** until some of the 3 month signing restrictions are reached in December. Just gonna have to wait for Fultz,Gary etc....

I tend to agree that we aren't going to be able to make any kind of a big move until later in the year, but I'm wondering what we might be able to do in a "smaller move" for a PG that may have lost playing time due to roster changes, ie Payton Pritchard in Boston, who has lost time with Brogdan coming on board. Maybe RJ and a pick swap with the Denver 2025 1st, Boston gets the higher of theirs/Denver's (top 5 protected) and we get the other? Is that too much, not enough?