Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

4 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Can we please bring back my DJ Augustin, if only temporary. He is a 3 pt. sharp shooter, knows how to drive to the basket and stretch the floor. He is a vet who is only about 2 years older than Steph Curry.

Most of you know how much I love DJ.

Edit:  I don't know how long I can watch a game if RJ Hampton is the starting point guard or plays too many minutes. He's hard for me to watch. 

i dont normally agree with you, but this is about as real as an idea as you could ever have. Bring in DJ (and JJ Redick even though he's been out for a year) as vets of the bench - both know how to shoot the three with 40% accuracy and it plugs our holes. GRANTED it wont happen, but that would have been what i would have done last year.

I bet DJ would have a resurgence and probably average 12-14 points a game playing with our squad at 42% 3 pt Efficiency

So Fultz got his injury on Sept 24 …google tells you fractured toes take 4-6 weeks to heal …this Saturday will be 5 weeks since he was injured …talking to ticket rep today he scoffed at fan frustration …indicated his excitement with the team and that ticket sales are moving very well …I reminded him of the timeline of fractured toes …he said our team doctors have not cleared him …I asked him if we were tanking again …he said no …I wanted to ask him how well does he think ticket sales will go if this losing streak continues but he said he had a purchaser on another line so I digressed …also wanted to tell him the reputation of our team doctors is not very good on Orlando Magic message board …I’ll do that on my next call lol

• Upvote 1

Go get Jared Butler. He has to be the guy to come in. Waive Admiral and sign him. Would prob be better than Cole from the outset. 

2 hours ago, Extential said:

Since we need a passer should we try to get Ben Simmons for cheap? He may like it here, because we just need someone to pass and get the ball moving.

Holy **** no. Not meant as a personal attack. It's just that Simmons may be the most mentally weak athlete I've ever seen and we have enough dudes who either can't stay healthy or have terrible in-game tendencies. I don't trust him in any situation. If we could find someone who brings his skill set you make the trade TODAY. But just not Simmons himself. He needs to be somebody else's problem. He's THAT dude. He is NOT put together right now and he's lazy and entitled. Dude's only showing up for work because it's the only way he can get a paycheck to support is absurd spending habits. Paid and fade. 

Philly literally wrecked their championship window to revolve their offense around him instead of Jimmy Butler 

Player question: I know a lot of guys don’t have a great vision in the NBA and probably wear contacts. Any reason why Wendell Carter decides to wear glasses over contacts? I can’t imagine glasses are more comfortable.

Has there been any commentary on this before? Anyone know?

Was thinking about what our healthy hypothetical rotation would be. I’m diving deep into fantasy land here, so even Isaac is healthy for this game. Mose runs a 10 man rotation so my guess would be:

Fultz/Harris/Franz/Paolo/Wendell

Cole/Suggs/Ross/Isaac/Bol

What do you guys think it’d be? Moe W, Bamba and Okeke the rotation guys we’re used to seeing that are odd men out

13 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Player question: I know a lot of guys don’t have a great vision in the NBA and probably wear contacts. Any reason why Wendell Carter decides to wear glasses over contacts? I can’t imagine glasses are more comfortable.

Has there been any commentary on this before? Anyone know?

Wendell missed some time after being poked/scratched in the eye a year or two ago. He wears the goggles to protect against that.

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Was thinking about what our healthy hypothetical rotation would be. I’m diving deep into fantasy land here, so even Isaac is healthy for this game. Mose runs a 10 man rotation so my guess would be:

Fultz/Harris/Franz/Paolo/Wendell

Cole/Suggs/Ross/Isaac/Bol

What do you guys think it’d be? Moe W, Bamba and Okeke the rotation guys we’re used to seeing that are odd men out

This year players on the floor at some point if JI ever plays: Franz, JI, Paolo, Bol Bol and Wendell........

Next year: Franz, JI, Paolo, Bol Bol and Wembanyama

Are the Magic going to start an ultra modern way to play (compete) in the NBA?