Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

On the other hand, that all tall line-up that was meme'd all summer might actually hit the floor. With all our guards being hurt and Bol Bol being the new hotness it's time.

PG. Bol Bol.

SG. Franz Wagner

SF. Paolo Banchero

PF. Wendall Carter Jr.

C.  MO Bamba

Please, no! Get ready to see plenty of RJ Hampton at the point, though. It's probably time to waive Schofield and sign a PG to a 2-Way contract. We have only one true PG on this roster (Fultz), and the rest of our "PGs" are more combo guards (Anthony, Suggs, & Hampton) than true points. In an emergency you can have Gary Harris play some point; oh yeah, he's out on injury too. The decision to resign Bamba is looking more questionable all the time. 

We are only five games in and we already have over twenty lost player games - 5 games @ Fultz, Isaac, G Harris, M Wagner plus a couple games of Suggs. Now throw Cole Anthony in for at least the next 4-5 games (likely more). I've got to say I've never seen anything like these last few years for one team's injuries in the 45+ years that I've been watching the NBA. 

Unless the FO makes a serious move we are going to see a lot of Hampton at the point, with F Wagner/Banchero doing a lot of ball handling duties, and maybe Ross/Houstan/Okeke as secondary ball handlers. That just really scares me! I still have hope that Okeke can be a player in this league, but with him spending so much time injured, and then playing with no true PG on the second team for the last few years he has really regressed, and I'm not sure he can ever recover to be the player he might otherwise have been. 

I see a lot of people saying Hampton is going to be playing a lot, but he didn't even play last night. Anyone know why he didn't play and we had to rely on a 2-way player for 20+ min?

28 minutes ago, Extential said:

I see a lot of people saying Hampton is going to be playing a lot, but he didn't even play last night. Anyone know why he didn't play and we had to rely on a 2-way player for 20+ min?

I think Mosley is trying to play guys who play consistent ball. 

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

There’s gotta be somebody we could sign to the vet min right? Kemba? We cant just keep backfilling these guard injuries with G leaguers. It’s killing our development

That would be great, but we don't have a roster spot available to put one in unless we get an exception. I'm not even sure how that works. There are several available vets out there, too:

Eric Bledsoe, Avery Bradley, Rajon Rondo, DJ Augustin, and, of course Elfrid Payton (jk on the last one!)

I doubt Rondo would be interested, but worth talking to him, if we can make a spot available. 

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

There’s gotta be somebody we could sign to the vet min right? Kemba? We cant just keep backfilling these guard injuries with G leaguers. It’s killing our development

Actually the starting point guard on the Magic G-league championship team, Hasani Gravett, is exactly what we need.  The problem with our current group of guards isn’t just that they aren’t very good, it’s also that none of them (except Fultz) are point guards.  Gravett would get the offense started properly and help get the ball moving.  Kevon Harris is a bruiser but doesn’t have that skill set.  

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

There are several available vets out there, too:

Eric Bledsoe, Avery Bradley, Rajon Rondo, DJ Augustin, and, of course Elfrid Payton (jk on the last one!)

I doubt Rondo would be interested, but worth talking to him, if we can make a spot available. 

Can we please bring back my DJ Augustin, if only temporary. He is a 3 pt. sharp shooter, knows how to drive to the basket and stretch the floor. He is a vet who is only about 2 years older than Steph Curry.

Most of you know how much I love DJ.

Edit:  I don't know how long I can watch a game if RJ Hampton is the starting point guard or plays too many minutes. He's hard for me to watch.