Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

On a positive note: Paulo might be the best offensive player we’ve had since TMac. He’s that good. I did not see this level of skill, toughness, etc, at Duke. Dude is a beast.

• Upvote 1

On 10/24/2022 at 6:58 PM, JJZFL said:

I understand where you’re coming from, but potential is all I’ve heard these past 12 years, starting with the “young guns”.  I’m not excited about potential anymore.  I want to see it actually translate into winning basketball.  Until that happens, it doesn’t do much for me.  

On 10/25/2022 at 2:42 PM, Franchero MVP said:

Exactly. I’m sick of hearing “potential”. We’ve heard that garbage for too long. 

to me it’s “wasted potential”. 

Franz and paolo aren’t going to turn this team into contenders by themselves. We need a real team with real complimentary pieces to move forward.

And now you see why I hate tanking and don't believe it works. Getting your Franz and Banchero are great, but there needs to be pieces around them.

Where my optimism comes from however is the fact that we do have pieces. We've been drafting those pieces. But like Banchero and Wagner, they need to mature and develop. Our entire roster is under 25 years old, with tons of top picks. 1's (Banchero, Fultz), 4 (Suggs), 6 (Bamba, Isaac), 8 (Wagner) 15 (Okeke, Anthony, both of which could have been higher if not for health concerns), all under 25. Yes, some of these players need to start hitting soon, but this was *never* the year guys. I understand that it's been a long time and it sucks. The previous GM was atrocious. This new crew has done a good job of clearing out the previous mess and stockpiling new young talent. *This* particular plan hasn't been taking 12 years, and it's gonna take time to come together.

16 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Political piece that doesn’t belong in here, suggesting that Isaac can’t play basketball in the NBA because of his political views, and that he should go to Fox News.  I have serious concerns about Isaac from an injury standpoint which I’ve expressed here many times, but the above is not a serious sports article.  

The only fact that they wrote "Wagner and Ross have supplanted him at the three " tells a lot.

“Following the Magic’s road game against the Cleveland Cavaliers, Orlando guard Cole Anthony underwent imaging, which confirmed a right internal oblique muscle injury. Anthony’s return to play will depend on how he responds to rehabilitation and treatment.”

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

“Following the Magic’s road game against the Cleveland Cavaliers, Orlando guard Cole Anthony underwent imaging, which confirmed a right internal oblique muscle injury. Anthony’s return to play will depend on how he responds to rehabilitation and treatment.”

JFC, we cannot catch a break 

16 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

We should just trade for Patrick Beverley and Draymond Green and roll out some psychos. Lol

We just need anybody that can stay on the court at this point.

It’s getting harder and harder to believe it’s all injury “luck”. We whether a) are stealth tanking again, b) have the most incompetent training staff ever that has blackmail on the FO, or c) have the most physically fragile combo of players put together in league history. Or of course some sort of combo of all 3

On the other hand, that all tall line-up that was meme'd all summer might actually hit the floor. With all our guards being hurt and Bol Bol being the new hotness it's time.

PG. Bol Bol.

SG. Franz Wagner

SF. Paolo Banchero

PF. Wendall Carter Jr.

C.  MO Bamba

48 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

On the other hand, that all tall line-up that was meme'd all summer might actually hit the floor. With all our guards being hurt and Bol Bol being the new hotness it's time.

PG. Bol Bol.

SG. Franz Wagner

SF. Paolo Banchero

PF. Wendall Carter Jr.

C.  MO Bamba

Haha