Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

2 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

Despite being winless to this point (hopefully #1 comes tonight?), I am actually feeling very optimistic about this team.

Paolo is clearly the right pick, and a legit #1 overall. I am very excited for what is to come from him.

Wagner is a legit player, carrying over his contributions from last year and I'm seeing improvement there as well.

Cole Anthony is turning into a beast. Whether a starter or off the bench, he is going to be a great weapon to have in this rotation.

Carter is an anchor. Ross has been a good stop gap for us til we get the rest of our guys back. Bol Bol has been nice off the bench.

We get our floor general back in Fultz, and I think this team has some real potential. Not necessarily this season (I'm still looking at a play-in tourney high end projection for this year's team) but going forward, I think this team is set up.

I like Bamba, but can understand the reasons behind moving him if we do. I can also understand if we decide to move Isaac once he's healthy as well. But I think those assets are still strong enough to at least get us something in return that can help us, and enough potential to be pieces for us should we keep them.

I'm very excited for this year.

I understand where you’re coming from, but potential is all I’ve heard these past 12 years, starting with the “young guns”.  I’m not excited about potential anymore.  I want to see it actually translate into winning basketball.  Until that happens, it doesn’t do much for me.  

On 10/12/2022 at 4:11 PM, MagicFanDan said:

1) I don’t believe Bol can stay healthy

2) I don’t believe Bol can play the 5

3) I don’t believe Bol’s overall offense is impactful as Bamba’s 3 point shooting. 

Wishing Bol to keep it going...

Can't wait to see the combination of JI and Bol on the floor together...

Bottom line, Bol can play wherever.

19 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I understand where you’re coming from, but potential is all I’ve heard these past 12 years, starting with the “young guns”.  I’m not excited about potential anymore.  I want to see it actually translate into winning basketball.  Until that happens, it doesn’t do much for me.  

Exactly. I’m sick of hearing “potential”. We’ve heard that garbage for too long. 

to me it’s “wasted potential”. 

Franz and paolo aren’t going to turn this team into contenders by themselves. We need a real team with real complimentary pieces to move forward.

Bol Bol is one of the most bizarre and beautiful story lines in the entire NBA right now. I was 100% wrong about him. I’m curious whether he can stay healthy.

• Like 1

In my eyes there is still hope. This team just needs a few tweaks. The big question is will they  have the balls to make some moves. Otherwise we will be talking lotto by mid Janurary.

55 minutes ago, Franchero MVP said:

Petition to change our name to the Orlando Potentials or Orlando Very Optimistics or Orlando Bright Futures 

I like Orlando Tragic.

• Downvote 1

Brutal start of season schedule + horrible injury luck = early worst team in the league 

We’re probably not winning a game until November home stand, and even that’s gonna be dependent on who we get back. Strap in y’all, it’s gonna be a long season if you’re in it looking strictly at wins and losses.