Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

3 hours ago, J Roc Baby said:

That's a little bit unfair. The state of the team may be the best it's been in years. The problem is the mental approach. We're waiting for the same guys to get healthy like it's the second coming and the Magic have grown content to just accept that if they lose, they lose and they'll get their breakthrough. 

Every workplace has the dude who is always sick and doesn't make it in. The problem is the Magic are trying to build a culture that is there for the player no matter what but doesn't seem to understand that in that workplace, that dude NEVER gets better.

The team is absolutely going the right direction but at worst needs to make hard choices if this drags out several more months. 

Cool we hear the same **** every year so color me unconvinced 

8 hours ago, Franchero MVP said:

I’m done with the current state of this team. Winning is obviously not a priority and appears never will be. 

In a great game last night (attended) against last year's Eastern Conference Finalist, the Magic came extremely close to winning. The team was in it all the way thru, punch for punch.

Yes, the Celtics were missing 2 key players....the Magic 5.

Mr. Mosley has to re-consider playing too much zone. It was hard to watch.

Mr. Wendell has to get more tougher. The team as a whole has to get more physical.

The feeling after 3 games is that many things are right. Paolo is a great # 1 overall pick, the FO got it right.

Go to Madison Square Garden, and get a win tomorrow....someway, somehow. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, ball junkie said:

https://bleacherreport.com/user_post/57a6e227-61ab-4663-aeaf-594786442c8a
I also follow Portland cause I’m following Sharpe progress …but I can tell you there are many posts like the one above where they are itching to get Mo Bamba …for those of you that want him traded …Blazers off to a 3-0 start 

meanwhile i'd be way more satisfied with what nurkic brought against lal... mo wont rebound if he's not getting buckets

13 hours ago, ball junkie said:

I also follow Portland cause I’m following Sharpe progress …but I can tell you there are many posts like the one above where they are itching to get Mo Bamba …for those of you that want him traded …Blazers off to a 3-0 start 

I think trading Bamba would actually help this team in its identity. I love his outside shot, but his lack of energy, toughness, hands, and court awareness hurt this team.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ball junkie said:

38 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think trading Bamba would actually help this team in its identity. I love his outside shot, but his lack of energy, toughness, hands, and court awareness hurt this team.

While I actually agree with both of you, I don't think it will happen. The Portland fans are most likely looking at raw numbers, not necessarily having watched Bamba actually play; but the Portland scouts and management are more likely to do their own research and not depend on just stats and highlights. I think our management have been blinded a bit by a) his potential ceiling being so much higher than his actual game, and b) the tendency to (over)value your own picks. I was hesitant about bringing him back to begin with, but I did get the "hard to let an asset walk away for nothing". I'm glad they didn't give him a long-term contract and that we can "cut bait" on him before the second year is guaranteed if necessary. 

I was very shocked we resigned both he and Bol, I expected we might bring back only one of them. 

I didn’t watch the Magic much last year …tanking and losing is not a good recipe in keeping one’s attention …so all this Bamba criticism is new for me …definitely be watching him now 

Ok here are the good things both to start the season and this game. Cole looks like he has taken the 3rd year leap. Anthony was always going to be an offensive player if he popped. It certainly looks like he has, Shooting 56% from the field and 60% from 3. If you watched the games, he has scored in a variety of ways. Ross is shooting well also. In fact if shooting by the starting guards corelated directly to winning, we would be in great shape. It's funny because those two positions are the supposed weakness of the team. Paolo and Franz put pressure up front and WCJ is getting better on the glass, but they are bad from deep so far.

It's the injuries that make it tough to win, even though Bol Bol and others on the bench have shown flashes we just are not a good shooting team or defensively great until we get back to full strength. It will probably just take a hot shooting night from one of the other players to get the Magic our first win. 

Will it be tonight?

9 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I am there wit ya. Been there for two years now. He is the definition of fool’s gold. 

Despite being winless to this point (hopefully #1 comes tonight?), I am actually feeling very optimistic about this team.

Paolo is clearly the right pick, and a legit #1 overall. I am very excited for what is to come from him.

Wagner is a legit player, carrying over his contributions from last year and I'm seeing improvement there as well.

Cole Anthony is turning into a beast. Whether a starter or off the bench, he is going to be a great weapon to have in this rotation.

Carter is an anchor. Ross has been a good stop gap for us til we get the rest of our guys back. Bol Bol has been nice off the bench.

We get our floor general back in Fultz, and I think this team has some real potential. Not necessarily this season (I'm still looking at a play-in tourney high end projection for this year's team) but going forward, I think this team is set up.

I like Bamba, but can understand the reasons behind moving him if we do. I can also understand if we decide to move Isaac once he's healthy as well. But I think those assets are still strong enough to at least get us something in return that can help us, and enough potential to be pieces for us should we keep them.

I'm very excited for this year.

• Upvote 2