Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

so it starts... Can anyone find a tweets in 2019-2020-2021 that list markelle fultz, JI as unavailable...lol  It would be funny to see them one on top of the other... Kinda like that Dr Manahttan Meme about batman movies

We've traded (well Lakeland has) the G league rights of Devin Cannady to the Lakers G league affiliate. 

Honestly, don't know why they're bothering with the G league their guards shot like 1/20 last night. Just waive somebody and give him a deal. He'd be their best 3 point shooter honestly.

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We've traded (well Lakeland has) the G league rights of Devin Cannady to the Lakers G league affiliate. 

Honestly, don't know why they're bothering with the G league their guards shot like 1/20 last night. Just waive somebody and give him a deal. He'd be their best 3 point shooter honestly.

I'm going to chime in about this, it is all about Cannady deserving a shot.The trade is 100% about him getting a chance in the NBA. I agree, it's crazy he hasn't gotten more playing time in Orlando. Good luck Devin. 

NBA EXECUTIVES POLL: Who are the top breakout candidates for the 2022-2023 season?

4. Franz Wagner (Orlando)

Two of the 20 executives polled voted for Franz Wagner as his top breakout candidate. One executive gave Wagner a second-place vote, while two other executives gave him a third-place vote.

"Wagner is huge for his position and competes to win,” an NBA executive told HoopsHype. “The only weakness in his game is his shooting, but that’ll get better over time with the work rate he has. Defensively, he’s as versatile as you can be when it’s all said and done.” During Eurobasket this summer, Wagner was one of the top scorers for the bronze-winning Germany team at home, including a 32-point game against Lithuania. Wagner ended up one made free throw away from averaging a 50-40-90 shooting split in the tournament, as noted by HoopsHype colleague Alberto De Rosa. 

“Franz impacts winning on both sides of the ball,” another general manager told HoopsHype. “He’s got more confidence from the summer playing with Germany.”

https://hoopshype.com/lists/nba-executives-poll-top-breakout-candidates-2022-23-season/

• Upvote 2

I have not watched the replay of the game yet. Listening to other posters it's the same old story. Cold shooting and a bad 4th quarter. With the schedule being so difficult we are not going to win many games without veteran leadership. Who are our vets? It's just T-Ross. Gary is hurt and just a role-player. Fultz and Isaac would be our vets but they can't ever play and even if they did have so little experience they might as well be rookies. We need a point guard and i hope in the next 4 to 6 weeks if it seems Fultz or Suggs are not the answer they should trade for one. I don't think waiting one more year helps at all. Too much losing ruins chemistry. We completely have the ability to get Conley. Who cares if he wants to go to a contender. 

Jazz are going to realize they are winning too many games and make moves. Guys like Conley,Olynyk,Clarkson will be gone sooner rather then later. This sounds like a too early hot take but it really isn't, it will be the same story a month from now unless Gary and Fultz are back real soon and 100% healthy.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I have not watched the replay of the game yet. Listening to other posters it's the same old story. Cold shooting and a bad 4th quarter. With the schedule being so difficult we are not going to win many games without veteran leadership. Who are our vets? It's just T-Ross. Gary is hurt and just a role-player. Fultz and Isaac would be our vets but they can't ever play and even if they did have so little experience they might as well be rookies. We need a point guard and i hope in the next 4 to 6 weeks if it seems Fultz or Suggs are not the answer they should trade for one. I don't think waiting one more year helps at all. Too much losing ruins chemistry. We completely have the ability to get Conley. Who cares if he wants to go to a contender. 

Jazz are going to realize they are winning too many games and make moves. Guys like Conley,Olynyk,Clarkson will be gone sooner rather then later. This sounds like a too early hot take but it really isn't, it will be the same story a month from now unless Gary and Fultz are back real soon and 100% healthy.

Not only do we need an actual point guard, we need combo guards that can actually dribble a little bit and create for others.

Terrence Ross is the #1 guy in the league you can count on for hoisting up a shot whenever he touches the ball.

I like Cole a lot but he’s a gunslinger as well.

As you mentioned, there are mid level guys in the league like Conley, Clarkson, Rozier, Sexton who aren’t quite prime Steve Nash but can dribble and put pressure on defences.

We have too many bigs playing at the same time. Even Okeke is more of a big.

• Upvote 1