Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jordan Poole getting 4/140 from the Warriors per Woj... 

Nevermind there'll be other guards we can target potentially...

Also I'm a big fan of Kevon Harris too. I think there's a chance he gets a full contract after this season, he looks like what good bench wings look like.

He was definitely at the top of my wish list. I liked going after Mitchel before he got traded. Who are the other potential guards to trade for down the line?  I feel like the established guys are disappearing other than SGA maybe. 

15 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

He was definitely at the top of my wish list. I liked going after Mitchel before he got traded. Who are the other potential guards to trade for down the line?  I feel like the established guys are disappearing other than SGA maybe. 

He's not a PG and he could very well pick up his PO and/or resign with Toronto but I think Gary Trent Jr would be a great fit on this team at SG.

16 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's not a PG and he could very well pick up his PO and/or resign with Toronto but I think Gary Trent Jr would be a great fit on this team at SG.

Guys like Gary Trent Jr are what worry me. I don’t think he will ever be a star. I’ve heard his name a lot but I think he will cost 20 million plus and not move the needle like : Mitchel, Poole, SGA,  etc.  I think Orlando will have to get lucky in the draft for their Star Guard. Looking at 2023 Free Agency and Trent Jr might be the best of them left which isn’t great. 

16 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Guys like Gary Trent Jr are what worry me. I don’t think he will ever be a star. I’ve heard his name a lot but I think he will cost 20 million plus and not move the needle like : Mitchel, Poole, SGA,  etc.  I think Orlando will have to get lucky in the draft for their Star Guard. Looking at 2023 Free Agency and Trent Jr might be the best of them left which isn’t great. 

I understand this thought.

I'm not entirely convinced we need a "star" guard if Paolo and Franz develop correctly versus just a playoff calibre contributor at guard. We're going to be in a position where we either use our cap space on a free agent or we'll lose it organically for nothing as we extend our young guys so my view point is it's better to pay a playoff calibre starter that you can trade later if you want versus nobody.

And Trent's age makes him a very good candidate in my mind for this, he'll be 25/26 when he signs a, presumed, 4 year deal. You get him for all his prime years with less chance he declines significantly in that time and reduces his value versus a vet who's 28 or 29 when you sign them. 

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I understand this thought.

I'm not entirely convinced we need a "star" guard if Paolo and Franz develop correctly versus just a playoff calibre contributor at guard. We're going to be in a position where we either use our cap space on a free agent or we'll lose it organically for nothing as we extend our young guys so my view point is it's better to pay a playoff calibre starter that you can trade later if you want versus nobody.

And Trent's age makes him a very good candidate in my mind for this, he'll be 25/26 when he signs a, presumed, 4 year deal. You get him for all his prime years with less chance he declines significantly in that time and reduces his value versus a vet who's 28 or 29 when you sign them. 

I agree that this now is the most likely path assuming Banchero and Wagner are the stars we think they are.  They will be the go to guys.   Ideally we would have at least some good shooting in the back court and Trent Jr would  help with that skill.  With the lack of young free agent guards he probably will get overpaid but still a little less than Poole, Herro, and Simons. At least I hope it’s less.

3 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I agree that this now is the most likely path assuming Banchero and Wagner are the stars we think they are.  They will be the go to guys.   Ideally we would have at least some good shooting in the back court and Trent Jr would  help with that skill.  With the lack of young free agent guards he probably will get overpaid but still a little less than Poole, Herro, and Simons. At least I hope it’s less.

It'll be less. Probably 4 years 80-90m or something like that I imagine (hope).

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It'll be less. Probably 4 years 80-90m or something like that I imagine (hope).

That would be a perfect amount. I’d be more than okay with 20 million a year. 

Glad to hear about Suggs as well. 

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We have 4 questions as opening night is approaching....when would Suggs, Markelle, JI and Harris were going to be available. 

One has been answered...wish we knew the specific availability of the other three.

When these 3 re-integrate, the Magic have to be one of the deepest teams in the league:

Markelle, Suggs, Franz, Paolo, Wendell

Cole, T Ross, Chuma, JI, Bol

RJ, Harris, Houstan, Mo Wagner & Mo Bamba

And let's not forget about #7, Kevon Harris !!!

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Been awhile y’all. Been to busy moving and remodeling. Does anybody know if the magic games are going to be streamed this year? Thanks and Go Magic!!!

Every sports game is streamed if you can find the sites. I've been cable free for over 10 years.