Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2022-2023 Season Thread

15 hours ago, Franchise408 said:

We might not be, but it's time to let these guys play and figure it out the hard way. 

Far as I'm concerned, the starting 5 needs to be Carter, Banchero, Wagner, Suggs, and Fultz, with a 5 man bench of Anthony, Isaac, Bamba, Okeke, and either Ross or Hampton, and let the youth play and develop. 

We aren't gonna get anywhere by trying to sabotage success for draft picks. If the team genuinely isn't good enough, then we can make an evaluation based on that and decide where to go from there. I *still* don't know how I feel about the Vuc trade, but we did get Wagner out of it so it looks like it wasn't all bad, but the time for trying to stock pile top draft picks is over. Fultz has 2 years left, Cole has 2 years left, Suggs and Wagner are on rookie deals for a couple more years, and contracts like Ross and Harris are about to come off the books. We have to look at what we have while we can afford to do it and will have money to afford any replacements.

We clearly won the vuc trade beyond belief. We got Wendell & Franz and a pick in this years draft lol. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

We clearly won the vuc trade beyond belief. We got Wendell & Franz and a pick in this years draft lol. 

We won in terms of potential and draft picks, no doubt about it.  In terms of actually winning games now and in the future, the jury is still out.  

All that potential and the draft picks are only meaningful insofar as they ultimately translate into creating a winning team.  

• Upvote 1

When healthy (besides JI/Suggs) are we looking at an early season rotation of:

PG: Fultz/Cole 

SG: Harris/Ross

SF: Franz/Chuma 

PF: Paolo/ Bol 

C: Wendell/ Bamba 

I don’t know how I feel about Bol Bol being in the rotation. I think I’d rather shift Ross and Chuma down and play RJ or Houston. 

what is your thoughts? 

12 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

When healthy (besides JI/Suggs) are we looking at an early season rotation of:

PG: Fultz/Cole 

SG: Harris/Ross

SF: Franz/Chuma 

PF: Paolo/ Bol 

C: Wendell/ Bamba 

I don’t know how I feel about Bol Bol being in the rotation. I think I’d rather shift Ross and Chuma down and play RJ or Houston. 

what is your thoughts? 

When fully healthy I think we are looking at:

Fultz/ Cole 

Suggs/Harris 

Franz/Ross 

Palo/ JI 

WCJ/Bamba 

Greg Anthony “Paolo Banchero and Franz Wagner will be one of the best front court duos in the NBA” 

Add in WCJ too...

I'm noticing that Banchero isn't really racking up the assists like we all thought he would. Is he making good passing decisions out there and guys aren't knocking down shots or is he not as much of a facilitator as we all thought? Haven't been able to watch any preseason games yet.