CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

Just now, Natesroom said:

but its not just me right, its not an illusion? He really does look really massive next to these players.

He is legit 7 foot

1 minute ago, Natesroom said:

I see JI, Mosley, Suggs all sitting at the bench.(or right behind) .. Couldnt tell if it was fultz next to him

Almost done with the 1st quarter, and it’s very clear a few things already:

1. Paolo’s shot clearly could get better - and did. 2/2 from 3, including one right in JSJ’s face. 
2. Paolo’s footwork and court vision are also clearly better than JSJ. Just an absolute feel for the game, and he’s a nightmare matchup when the defense switches to someone smaller on him. 
3. Cannady I like as a person and I’m hopeful for him. He’s made good decisions on court and has made some nice 3’s. 
4. At this rate, I still stand by my prediction that Hampton will be out of the league in 3-4 years. He’s playing hero ball clearly trying to prove something, and in process, puts himself in bad positions while taking bad shots. If he can’t grow, it’s over for him on this team and in this league. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Oh I know it’s just nice seeing it in a live game setting with him wearing a Magic jersey instead of just in practice. 

I hear you 

One thing to take away from RJ is he was starting at point guard with the ball in his hands which will never be his role for us in actual games. He’s a 3 and D off ball role player, nothing more. If we were to force him at PG we’d be better off just sending him back to play in New Zealand

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

One thing to take away from RJ is he was starting at point guard with the ball in his hands which will never be his role for us in actual games. He’s a 3 and D off ball role player, nothing more. If we were to force him at PG we’d be better off just sending him back to play in New Zealand

Yeah gonna upvote you on this one. Hopefully that's what the coaches get from summer league. Hampton is not a PG. Looks like we are going to have to carry Canady for sure so if we get injuries i bet Hampton is the first to go.

4-4 now.

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

More props to RJ for playing. I bet you he turns out good.