CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

Let's face it Magic Crew, nothing to talk about. If you wanna piss on someone blame RJ because Paolo got hurt in overtime the other night. Summers done, at least two months before we hear about Isaac is maybe looking somewhat ok, yadda, yadda, yadda. Go watch football. The only bright spot is the Magic had national headlines, had national media talking about the team. Now with the media black hole that is Orlando it's going right back into oblivion for 2 months.

Carry on.

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If Paolo Banchero had a serious injury playing a pointless summer league game I'm sure everyone complaining currently that he's not playing would complain that he shouldn't have been playing.

Yup. Your number 1 draft pick has a limp. He looked better than the #3 draft pick in almost every way. Even though it was ugly, he helped the team to a gutsy win in OT. Might as well give him some rest and gear up for the season. I could care less about summer league. Winning a SL championship means nothing. It's not even helpful for the organization because it's not your starting lineup on night 1 of the regular season. Of course, everyone wants to see the #1 v #2 but I'm not worried about it. Let's just get the W when we play them in a few months.

Let the starters continue to build rapport off-court and start working out together, come into camp with good chemistry and build toward that future. We have a lot of things to be excited about! Don't sweat the small stuff.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Basically our Summer League team is garbage time players that staff can evaluate to see who is actually going to be on the end of the bench, who is going to Lakeland, who is going over seas, and who is headed back to the Y.

2 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Basically our Summer League team is garbage time players that staff can evaluate to see who is actually going to be on the end of the bench, who is going to Lakeland, who is going over seas, and who is headed back to the Y.

This is what most summer league teams are

17 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

The good thing is we know Paolo, Fultz, Suggs, and Wagner will all find him. 

Drops the mic!!!

Just FYI Paolo wanted to play in the CrawsOver Pro Am in Seattle that starts this weekend. If he doesn't play in that I imagine he's got an ankle sprain that they're resting. If he does play at least we'll get some highlight vids.