CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

6 hours ago, O_SteveO said:

What in the world else do they need to know about Paolo, Suggs, Franz, etc. that they would learn from basically another pickup game? They’re actually looking at more guys who might make Lakeland, and Houstan. Of course people wanna complain about something smh

This!!!!

For a team that’s done nothing but lose since Howard left would have been nice to maybe win summer league …have some positive momentum heading into next season.

Chet and Josh Giddy played for OKC …seems winning was important to them …at least more than us …and Chet playing his 3rd game after turning his ankle in the first game.

Media pumped up and billed last nights game as Chet versus Paolo …and I was so looking forward to it .

Not a good look imo …was disappointing 

6 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

For a team that’s done nothing but lose since Howard left would have been nice to maybe win summer league …have some positive momentum heading into next season.

Chet and Josh Giddy played for OKC …seems winning was important to them …at least more than us …and Chet playing his 3rd game after turning his ankle in the first game.

Media pumped up and billed last nights game as Chet versus Paolo …and I was so looking forward to it .

Not a good look imo …was disappointing 

With the amount of injuries that seem to happen nowadays, I’m good with it. 

2 minutes ago, Jon said:

With the amount of injuries that seem to happen nowadays, I’m good with it. 

It’s a 2 week tournament …you got 3 months to rehab if you get hurt …like I said, Chet played and I’ve been one of his biggest critics …but props to him for playing and helping his team win.

13 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

It’s a 2 week tournament …you got 3 months to rehab if you get hurt …like I said, Chet played and I’ve been one of his biggest critics …but props to him for playing and helping his team win.

3 months of rehab instead of 3 months of gearing up for the season, practicing with teammates and learning the system.

I’m good with it.

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm fine with them ending summer league for the guys who they think have showed enough. Winning a Summer League means less than nothing. The Kings won it last year. 

If Paolo Banchero had a serious injury playing a pointless summer league game I'm sure everyone complaining currently that he's not playing would complain that he shouldn't have been playing. 

Also not at all surprising guys like Houstan and Cannady struggled when they had nobody to get them good open looks from 3. (But I didn't watch the game so maybe they both missed a lot of open ones, correct me if I'm wrong)

Daniel Oturu hasn't played a single summer league minute. That's weird. 

They both missed wide open shots. Houstan was taking good shots but Canady was forcing them and had 2 air balls in the game.

39 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Zzzzzzzz

9 hours ago, O_SteveO said:

What in the world else do they need to know about Paolo, Suggs, Franz, etc. that they would learn from basically another pickup game? They’re actually looking at more guys who might make Lakeland, and Houstan. Of course people wanna complain about something smh

I believe if Suggs were healthy he'd have at least played the first 2 games.  He had a rough season last year and it would've been nice to see if his shooting/ finishing around the rim had improved.