CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

2 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

It doesn’t really show in the box score but schofield just plays the right way

I agree. He is a good 3 point shooter... tough player. 

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I believe in RJ. He has been playing out of position. He is a 2/3 not a 1. This is obvious and hopefully the coach realizes it. 

I think he’s out of position also, but slightly different take.  I think he’s a G-league player, playing out of position in the NBA.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I think he’s out of position also, but slightly different take.  I think he’s a G-league player, playing out of position in the NBA.  

What are you trying to say here ???

Joking I agree …

On 6/30/2022 at 9:44 AM, fan for too long 2 said:

I believe in RJ. He has been playing out of position. He is a 2/3 not a 1. This is obvious and hopefully the coach realizes it. 

Last year it was done out of necessity with all our injuries at point guard.  We were tanking  so I think coach took the opportunity to put him there to force him to initiate the offense and try to get others involved.  It wasn't pretty but perhaps it will help his development.  Same thing goes for the summer league.  He definetely has the athleticism to play the point if he could improve ball handling and playmaking abilities.  Until those are developed I'd hope he's used at the 2/3 during the season.

1 hour ago, VoiceofReason said:

Last year it was done out of necessity with all our injuries at point guard.  We were tanking  so I think coach took the opportunity to put him there to force him to initiate the offense and try to get others involved.  It wasn't pretty but perhaps it will help his development.  Same thing goes for the summer league.  He definetely has the athleticism to play the point if he could improve ball handling and playmaking abilities.  Until those are developed I'd hope he's used at the 2/3 during the season.

He's playing off ball in summer league because it's going to be Paolo initiating the offense.

5 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He's playing off ball in summer league because it's going to be Paolo initiating the offense.

That would be nice, I wonder if we might be leaning towards starting cole @ the point in the regular season.  Cole should be much more effective/efficient playing off ball while Fultz needs the ball in his hands. 

Hampton will still be asked to bring the ball up the court and defend the 1 so perhaps he still gets some experience playing point.

If I count correctly, after all the FA signings we have 15 players under contract.  Isn't that the max?  That only leaves two two way contracts.  Caleb Houston remains unsigned?  I know the chatter was he would be a developmental player but his 3 point shooting would be what we need.  Is he relegated to a 2 way contract?  

25 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

If I count correctly, after all the FA signings we have 15 players under contract.  Isn't that the max?  That only leaves two two way contracts.  Caleb Houston remains unsigned?  I know the chatter was he would be a developmental player but his 3 point shooting would be what we need.  Is he relegated to a 2 way contract?  

I believe the roster max is up at 20 during the off-season. So, we’ll have several dudes auditioning for the last few spots. I imagine Houstan will wind up on the final roster over guys like Admiral and Cannady

21 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Where can we watch Summer League? Is it a subscription? 

Our first 3 games are on ESPN, 4th is on NBA TV. 

That Brazilian kid Gui Santos looks legit. Warriors really are light years ahead.

Keegan Murray solid as hell for the Kings. Neemias Queta a smart big as well