CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

Just now, Jay Magic said:

No he needs to play off the ball and be a cutter and spot up shooter 

Hampton has only been driving, trying to put his head down and blow by guys. 

If he had a shot, wouldn’t he be trying to play off ball and show off that aspect of his game? I’m convinced he doesn’t know how to get open without the ball. 

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

No he needs to play off the ball and be a cutter and spot up shooter 

Even when he is playing off the ball anytime he gets it he’s looking for his shot instead of making the right play. He will never make it in this league if he keeps putting himself first. 

28 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

One thing to take away from RJ is he was starting at point guard with the ball in his hands which will never be his role for us in actual games. He’s a 3 and D off ball role player, nothing more. If we were to force him at PG we’d be better off just sending him back to play in New Zealand

Yeah I thought they may be trying to develop/evaluate him @ the point.  Someone mentioned they were going to run the offense thru Banchero yet I haven't seen him initiate much this game.   Perhaps they are easing him along slowly, he has made some nice passes when the ball finds him.

Hopefully the summer league will confirm RJ isn't a pg and we can move on and continue to develop him at the 2.  Does he struggle with his handle? For being so quick he seems to really struggle in iso situations.

8 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

True but if I’m the coach I’m holding all players accountable and he clearly missed Houstan on the break. He’s playing too selfishly instead of getting others involved and teaching guys to play the right way is more important than worrying about their confidence. 

Not a great look when running the point.

There is a player in RJ for sure. Whether or not it happens with us remains to be seen. Its summer league so i am not concerned too much. Quite frankly we have too much to be excited about 

SUMMER LEAGUE CHAMPS BABY !

Also, big difference with our offense when Banchero is on/off the court …I’m visualizing a much better offense next year with Fultz, Banchero and hopefully Suggs though I don’t have a lot of confidence with him …guys that can handle and facilitate …oh and Franz

8 minutes ago, VoiceofReason said:

Yeah I thought they may be trying to develop/evaluate him @ the point.  Someone mentioned they were going to run the offense thru Banchero yet I haven't seen him initiate much this game.   Perhaps they are easing him along slowly, he has made some nice passes when the ball finds him.

Hopefully the summer league will confirm RJ isn't a pg and we can move on and continue to develop him at the 2.  Does he struggle with his handle? For being so quick he seems to really struggle in iso situations.

I think he’s just too frantic. His handle is bad because you can see him actively overthinking every thing. He’s also got a pretty low BBall IQ and sees the floor with tunnel vision.

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Any word on where Franz is? He’s like the only guy not there

Franz on Vacation hahaha he is the man