CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

3 hours ago, It's A Cole World said:
2 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

We're probably gonna get killed, but we will get to see some other guys get some minutes.

I think we should move on from Canady this year.  He's entering his prime @ 26 and is still a fringe player.  He's a streaky shooter who provides absolutely nothing when his shot isn't falling.  We should put that 2 way contract to better use.

21 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Nobody on this roster is going to be on this team. Just another pathetic management move. We have one of the youngest rosters in the league and yet have none of them are playing on the summer league from now on. Is this the best way to evaluate your talents? Hell no. It’s lazy and another sad reflection on this whole dam organization. 

Imagine a Suggs, Hampton,Wagner, Banchero, Bol summer league starting lineup?

44 minutes ago, Captain said:

Woof… this summer league team is pretty bad haha 

Not as bad as Chet's "Supercut's" haircut. Imagine signing a multimillion dollar rookie contract and having your mom give you a flowbee fade.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

LOL

Honestly though with that Karen cut if Chet seriously hits the weights,  a decent career in the WNBA isn't difficult to imagine.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Nobody on this roster is going to be on this team. Just another pathetic management move. We have one of the youngest rosters in the league and yet have none of them are playing on the summer league from now on. Is this the best way to evaluate your talents? Hell no. It’s lazy and another sad reflection on this whole dam organization. 

What in the world else do they need to know about Paolo, Suggs, Franz, etc. that they would learn from basically another pickup game? They’re actually looking at more guys who might make Lakeland, and Houstan. Of course people wanna complain about something smh

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Hoping at some point we get Chet vs Tacko

This happened in Chet's first summer league game.

I'm fine with them ending summer league for the guys who they think have showed enough. Winning a Summer League means less than nothing. The Kings won it last year. 

If Paolo Banchero had a serious injury playing a pointless summer league game I'm sure everyone complaining currently that he's not playing would complain that he shouldn't have been playing. 

Also not at all surprising guys like Houstan and Cannady struggled when they had nobody to get them good open looks from 3. (But I didn't watch the game so maybe they both missed a lot of open ones, correct me if I'm wrong)

Daniel Oturu hasn't played a single summer league minute. That's weird. 

On 7/11/2022 at 3:41 AM, JJZFL said:

I mean, it’s nice to hear but what else could he possibly say?  That’s what our players say every summer.  

You never stop haha 

• Upvote 1