CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

6 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Not to pile on here but …ESPN had a mike on Banchero during the game …you should listen to one of those last possessions where he is screaming at RJ to get across half court while RJ is dribbling around trying to get fouled on the opponents side of the court …this from a kid who’s been in the league 3 years already …unless things change drastically kid will have zero trade value.

The next big timeline for him is training camp and then 10/31. One aspect of rookie contracts, all of them is the next season becomes guaranteed on this date. So not this season but the next you have till 10/31 to either pick it up or not. It's only 5 million but if he doesn't have a stellar training camp i can see it not being picked up. 

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Paolo vs Chet tomorrow at 9PM Eastern …ESPN …GET YO POPCORN !!!

Paolo is gonna bully-ball him. There was a play yesterday that Paolo bumped a guy a lot heavier than Chet on the way to the basket. He went back about 6 feet.

13 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Paolo is gonna bully-ball him. There was a play yesterday that Paolo bumped a guy a lot heavier than Chet on the way to the basket. He went back about 6 feet.

Lol DJ when I posted that all I could think about was you and your 100’s of posts about “Stick Boy” …and I was gonna post your comment above for you … cause I knew it was coming jajaja …looking forward to the game …it’s all good bro 

3 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Paolo vs Chet tomorrow at 9PM Eastern …ESPN …GET YO POPCORN !!!

I wouldn’t be upset if Paolo is done for the summer. He’ll have plenty of chances to bully Chet when the games matter

Erika Andrews just interviewed Banchero at halftime of summer league …he said the goal for next year is the playoffs …WOW …is that ever music to my ears 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Erika Andrews just interviewed Banchero at halftime of summer league …he said the goal for next year is the playoffs …WOW …is that ever music to my ears 

I mean, it’s nice to hear but what else could he possibly say?  That’s what our players say every summer.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

I mean, it’s nice to hear but what else could he possibly say?  That’s what our players say every summer.  

Yeah …I just did a quick search for player quotes from summer 2021 and could find nothing .

Anyway, “The Ringer” live in Vegas with some Banchero comments that will leave Magic fans salivating …I mean, I coulda sworn I heard him use the “Bird” comparison !?!?

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Lol DJ when I posted that all I could think about was you and your 100’s of posts about “Stick Boy” …and I was gonna post your comment above for you … cause I knew it was coming jajaja …looking forward to the game …it’s all good bro 

I was so happy when we didn't pick him!  No 0---<--------<

OKC has 2 of them... the thin towers!

2 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I was so happy when we didn't pick him!  No 0---<--------<

OKC has 2 of them... the thin towers!

Aleksej Pokuševski has potential but is currently a TERRIBLE player!!!

Just watched the SL game against the Kings and that was the biggest collapse I’ve ever seen. Neemias Queta keeps looking good for them and that 3 was big.

Paolo looks like a giant out there, like an NBA 2K created player

Prediction for tonight? Chet get a block on Paolo and Paolo backs down Chet, slamming into his body repeatedly with crafty low post footwork. 

I think we’re going to see Paolo win this battle pretty handedly. Chet never does well against bigger bodies and I think the trend will continue.