CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

When’s the last time we had a guy who could get to the free throw line whenever we needed it? 15 free throws yesterday. 15. Let that number sink in.

• Upvote 3

And when’s the last time there was so much excitement for our franchise, not only by fans but by the media and team members as well? It had to be when we selected Dwight. Paulo is changing the entire narrative of this team overnight. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

And when’s the last time there was so much excitement for our franchise, not only by fans but by the media and team members as well? It had to be when we selected Dwight. Paulo is changing the entire narrative of this team overnight. 

When we get the #1 pick, we get it right!

Sidenote: it’s crazy to me that there are some franchises who have never gotten the number one pick. My friend is a Pacers fan and this year was the first year they had a top 6 pick since 1988. 1988!! 

The series of our losing a 6 point lead in 7 seconds is up in ESPN’s Instagram and RJ Hampton is getting ROASTED in the comments for both a lack of defense on the 1st 3 then bobbling a good pass on the TO. “All #13’s fault” or “#13 - I’d play harder if I was him” is all over the board. 

Nothing new in the Hampton side, I've been questioning all last season why he was even getting (stealing?) minutes from the other guys. Hopefully this season with less injuries he'll be out of the rotation.

Still don't know what FO seen in him in Denver... was considered like getting a first round pick in the deal for Gordon... I would have preferred a real pick in future drafts for sure.

14 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Nothing new in the Hampton side, I've been questioning all last season why he was even getting (stealing?) minutes from the other guys. Hopefully this season with less injuries he'll be out of the rotation.

Still don't know what FO seen in him in Denver... was considered like getting a first round pick in the deal for Gordon... I would have preferred a real pick in future drafts for sure.

I mean, he was 19 years old and super athletic. Decent jump shot and finishing. You take a chance on someone like that if you think your player development can help them with their blind spots. Problem is - his poor decision making clearly can’t be fixed not matter how much coaching he gets! 

Not to pile on here but …ESPN had a mike on Banchero during the game …you should listen to one of those last possessions where he is screaming at RJ to get across half court while RJ is dribbling around trying to get fouled on the opponents side of the court …this from a kid who’s been in the league 3 years already …unless things change drastically kid will have zero trade value.

4 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

The series of our losing a 6 point lead in 7 seconds is up in ESPN’s Instagram and RJ Hampton is getting ROASTED in the comments for both a lack of defense on the 1st 3 then bobbling a good pass on the TO. “All #13’s fault” or “#13 - I’d play harder if I was him” is all over the board. 

Yeah it was all over message boards and ESPN.  I was wondering how all the negative publicity was hitting him.  It can't be easy volunteering to play in the summer league after 3 years in just to be outplayed by league longshots. He was a rotation player last year...If nothing else perhaps his poor performance has helped clear our back court log jam.

3 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Not to pile on here but …ESPN had a mike on Banchero during the game …you should listen to one of those last possessions where he is screaming at RJ to get across half court while RJ is dribbling around trying to get fouled on the opponents side of the court …this from a kid who’s been in the league 3 years already …unless things change drastically kid will have zero trade value.

I have no doubt that Banchero will be the Alpha-team leader that we have needed for so long!

I feel bad for RJ, cause he seems like a good kid who gets along well with the rest of the team, and it has to be embarrassing to be playing like this against SL comp.

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Hopefully this is nothing, but I’d be fine with him sitting the rest of SL. IMO we’ve seen about all we need to see