CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

Very impressed with Banchero and Houston last night. The smallest critique I have for Paulo is letting his guy blow by him a couple of times, but overall he looked like a star. Also a huge shout out to WeltHam and Mosley. The chemistry and culture they’ve built with these young guys is really impressive. For those players to give up vacation to cheer on our summer league guys? That’s selfless right there.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, LaVar said:

Paolo shot 40% off catch and shoot in college. Shooting off dibble lowed his % to 34%

That’s a big stat, one I didn’t know but shows his ability to shoot is significantly better than the original numbers. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Very impressed with Banchero and Houston last night. The smallest critique I have for Paulo is letting his guy blow by him a couple of times, but overall he looked like a star. Also a huge shout out to WeltHam and Mosley. The chemistry and culture they’ve built with these young guys is really impressive. For those players to give up vacation to cheer on our summer league guys? That’s selfless right there.

I agree it was just what we wanted to see from the rooks. It's great that there is such a good amount of support being shown by our young guys but let's not lose sight that it is Vegas.

9 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Any word on what happened to Sharpe? Why did he only play a few minutes? 

Shoulder was hurt, MRI to check it out.

Paolo looked great, Caleb Houstan looked awesome! He looked like Alan Houston!  Also you have to watch the game to understand the stat lines. Paolo played around the perimeter the whole first half. Could have had ten assists if his excellent passes were not fumbled. The guards froze him out a bit in the first half and in the second half he was out a long time, got cold.

When Paolo went back in late he was around the post more and they were feeding Caleb since he was hot. Paolo took 3 bad shots late that i don't think he takes normally. I think he just really wanted to get 20 and they just never game him enough shots earlier.

35 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

It was really great to see the whole team there, being buddies, cheering the rookies. So many good pictures and videos. 

It's culture-building. All of these guys are seen as part of a core that I'm sure exec's hope carry the team for years and years. I'm hopeful it gave Paolo continued good feelings about being here.

Paolo is a legit point-forward and gives LeBron vibes due to how massive he is, that’s why I think we have enough ball handling with him and Franz and would be better served with a shooter ar Point Guard.

Houstan being able to hit those shots consistently might make him a dark horse for the starting SG spot

30 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Paolo is a legit point-forward and gives LeBron vibes due to how massive he is, that’s why I think we have enough ball handling with him and Franz and would be better served with a shooter ar Point Guard.

Houstan being able to hit those shots consistently might make him a dark horse for the starting SG spot

We’ll see about Houstan. Honestly, I think it would come as a surprise if he isn’t playing for Lakeland. He did look good when his jumper was falling tho.