CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

2 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

More props to RJ for playing. I bet you he turns out good. 

It is possible to be happy with RJ for playing, while at the same time being realistic about his role going forward.

Also, while he deserves props for playing, I guess, he was playing super selfish in his first stint. I’ll give him more props for playing if he stops treating it like an RJ Hampton showcase and let’s the kids who are trying to earn a spot in the league have a chance to show what they can do.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It is possible to be happy with RJ for playing, while at the same time being realistic about his role going forward.

Also, while he deserves props for playing, I guess, he was playing super selfish in his first stint. I’ll give him more props for playing if he stops treating it like an RJ Hampton showcase and let’s the kids who are trying to earn a spot in the league have a chance to show what they can do.

I agree mostly. RJ just needs to chill and play off the ball more

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

That’s what a real leader would do. You make some shots but you make it easier for other guys and focus on them because you’re relatively comfortable in your own skin. 

Coming out and playing hero ball shows it was never about the young guys. Don’t believe anything he says anymore about the situation 

• Upvote 1

It seem that Aaron Gordons jersey issues have infected Paolo. Aaron consistently had problems with the jersey staying tucked in...lol. I notice Paolo has the same issue.

i know they are all playing for a job, but they really should be making almost all plays utilizing Paolo shouldn't they? I see all kinds of players driving after dribbling for 8 seconds and not passing taking what i would call very bad looking shots at the basket.

One thing i am noticing - JSJ is getting by Paolo’s press with relative ease. It’s happened at least twice now. Perhaps a part of that is intentional to not give him the shot, but Paolo looks flat footed on defense, or at least slow to react on the first step.