CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

TL;DR - Chet got pushed by a big bodied guy and didn’t look nearly as comfortable or dominant tonight - a theme that will sure continue until (if ever) he puts on 30-40 lbs. 

Edited by TreyMachine
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

TL;DR - Chet got pushed by a big bodied guy and didn’t look nearly as comfortable or dominant tonight - a theme that will sure continue when (if ever) he puts on 30-40 lbs. 

Can't wait to see Paulo slam 250 pounds into him for about 32 minutes in a regular game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Can't wait to see Paulo slam 250 pounds into him for about 32 minutes in a regular game.

Can’t wait to just see him play.

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

TL;DR - Chet got pushed by a big bodied guy and didn’t look nearly as comfortable or dominant tonight - a theme that will sure continue when (if ever) he puts on 30-40 lbs. 

He still played quite well.  He’s going to put up some numbers.  

Kenny Lofton did that to Wemby in the FIBA U19 gold medal game too. He's really good at using his mass and his low centre of gravity to score. Also hit 2 3s which is huge for him his 3 point shooting sucked in college. If he could guard anyone he'd have been drafted easily.

Woke up with this song ringing in my head …so I had to share my joy with this board lol …those of you that are older this was the original theme song back in the first season 1989

7 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Hopefully Paolo will be able to play 32 minutes in the NBA, as he is losing about seven pounds of sweat per game.

I’m calling tonight that Jabari Smith Jr is going to focus a ton on locking down Paolo and proving he should’ve been the first pick. It will be a personal vendetta.

I’m curious to know if Paolo will rise to the occasion and take the competition personally on his end as well. That’s the Jordan/Kobe mentality - find a really good reason to push yourself in the game.

truthfully, I hope both guys ball out and that it becomes a fun rivalry for the next decade.

I’m not necessarily looking for some crazy stat line from Paolo, but I’m extremely excited to see him work with NBA spacing. With his handles and passing, he could be really tough to guard.