CTMagicUK

2022 NBA Summer League Thread

Also fwiw it doesn't really matter how Paolo plays. Obviously we all hope he goes out there and puts up 30/10/5 or something but whatever he does it won't define his career.

Franz Wagner was terrible in summer league. 

• Upvote 2

I definitely see the potential with Chet but the red flags with his health are definitely concerning and I’m glad we passed up on him because of this. He fell a few times and even twisted his ankle in the first half and this was against Utah who didn’t seem like they had any NBA ready players. If he can stay healthy he will be a generational talent but that’s a big if. 

I can see it now. Paulo’s gonna blow up and KD and DM are gonna say, “Man, I’ve got to find a way to play with that kid.” ❤️

Ok so I just realized this …maybe some of you already did though I haven’t seen it posted anywhere …but Orlando’s opponent tomorrow night is Houston which means we can compare and contrast Banchero’s game with Jabari Smith while competing with their teams …makes for must watch TV lol …at least in my house 

Also, summer league is like a tournament …with Championship games and awards/trophies etc …which means teams will actually be trying to win …at least I think so lol …hope so 

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Ok so I just realized this …maybe some of you already did though I haven’t seen it posted anywhere …but Orlando’s opponent tomorrow night is Houston which means we can compare and contrast Banchero’s game with Jabari Smith while competing with their teams …makes for must watch TV lol …at least in my house 

We play OKC and Sac too so we play each of the top 4 picks. 

18 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Chet not so effective against someone with meat on their bones. What 'til he starts playing against the men!

My thoughts exactly, he struggled due to the fact Kenny Lofton Jr was deliberately backing him down on offense and putting a body on him on the defensive end. Chet is going to face much quicker and physical bigs once he plays against NBA starting PF’s and C’s. It’s going to be interesting how he adjusts to the physicality although I do think the spacing in the NBA is going to benefit him tremendously especially when SGA and Giddey are on the floor attracting so much attention from the defense. 

28 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Chet not so effective against someone with meat on their bones. What 'til he starts playing against the men!

Yeah Lofton played at La Tech last year …on the 2nd possession in this vid on the first contact it looks as if Holmgren gets bumped back like 6-8 feet …Holmgren still played well …but you can bet opponents saw this Lofton video and took notes