All Eyes On Me

2022 NBA Playoffs!

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

He needs to lay off the cheeseburgers. This loss might light a fire under him and he’ll come back better. Or he’ll be the next James Harden. Up to him

No doubt. He looks like 25 pounds overweight. He must like him some Krispy Kreme. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Nah, GSW has to be the favorites. They wont need more than 6 games to beat either team coming out of the East, IMO.

I think the Champs are coming out of the East this year …Steph and company have had their days to shine countless times  …East is gonna start the down slide of the Warriors …we shall see 

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

I think the Champs are coming out of the East this year …Steph and company have had their days to shine countless times  …East is gonna start the down slide of the Warriors …we shall see 

I think that Boston would win, but Miami would lose to GSW. Miami struggles too much offensively for me to trust them, even if I envy and respect their team

8 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Nahhh - I think Boston wins this East series, but Warriors have been here before and they are filled with offensive juggernauts. If any one or two of them go off, the game is over. Curry/Klay/Poole/Wiggins are all able to get 20 with relative ease. 

I’m putting my money on the Warriors. 

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2022 at 9:30 PM, TreyMachine said:

Nahhh - I think Boston wins this East series, but Warriors have been here before and they are filled with offensive juggernauts. If any one or two of them go off, the game is over. Curry/Klay/Poole/Wiggins are all able to get 20 with relative ease. 

I’m putting my money on the Warriors. 

If I had money, that'd be where it would go too lol. Doesn't look like Miami is healthy enough or together enough to come back from it, but Boston is due for a couple of average games 

2 hours ago, South_Aussie_Magic said:

If I had money, that'd be where it would go too lol. Doesn't look like Miami is healthy enough or together enough to come back from it, but Boston is due for a couple of average games 

I actually think that Boston has already had a couple of average games - at least partly due to Miami's defense. As good as Boston's defense is though, I'm not sure they will be able to shut down the GS offense. I think we will see. I have to say, that Robert Williams fingertip block completely stretched out, coming from inside the paint to block all the way out at the 3-point line was just crazy. When you see it slo-mo, the full extension is just incredible. 

21 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I actually think that Boston has already had a couple of average games - at least partly due to Miami's defense. As good as Boston's defense is though, I'm not sure they will be able to shut down the GS offense. I think we will see. I have to say, that Robert Williams fingertip block completely stretched out, coming from inside the paint to block all the way out at the 3-point line was just crazy. When you see it slo-mo, the full extension is just incredible. 

Have to agree, obviously i'd feel safer taking this final hurrah for the Warriors but I guess they could power through a whole series.

On 5/23/2022 at 12:16 PM, Mauro Pedrosa said:

He needs to lay off the cheeseburgers. This loss might light a fire under him and he’ll come back better. Or he’ll be the next James Harden. Up to him

I read this quote and thought you were talking about Lowry. LOL! i had  to go reread the thread. Anyhow, Heat are toast! I still don't understand why teams were tripping over themselves trying to trade for Lowry. Yeah i get that he was an alpha  guy in Toronto but father time is undefeated. Heat are gonna wind up just like i predicted. They extended Jimmy and Lowry and they are too old. 

Magic going to be back running this division soon.

Had to edit something. 

Check this out. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/miami-heat/yearly/cap/

I will give that organization some props. Vincent looked great last night, him and Strus were good all year. The Heat have a good culture and develop talent well. 

Also, loyalty has no place in sports. They did not have to extend Jimmy before last season nor extend Lowry for that much! Also they didn't have to pay Robinson. They are so good at attracting talent, the brave thing to do was to tell those guys you got one more year to make it work, that's it!  Look at Ducan, guy looked amazing coming from nowhere, kudos for him but he barely got any minutes in these playoffs. When you find these guys cheap let them play then let someone else pay them. Go find yourself another gem. They had no problem letting Nunn go and look they found two more guys just like him. 

I think they will have one more decent year then fall apart. I can't wait until the Magics frontcourt is torching Bam and they have no clue how to stop us.

22 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I read this quote and thought you were talking about Lowry. LOL! i had  to go reread the thread. Anyhow, Heat are toast! I still don't understand why teams were tripping over themselves trying to trade for Lowry. Yeah i get that he was an alpha  guy in Toronto but father time is undefeated. Heat are gonna wind up just like i predicted. They extended Jimmy and Lowry and they are too old. 

Magic going to be back running this division soon.

Had to edit something. 

Check this out. https://www.spotrac.com/nba/miami-heat/yearly/cap/

I will give that organization some props. Vincent looked great last night, him and Strus were good all year. The Heat have a good culture and develop talent well. 

Also, loyalty has no place in sports. They did not have to extend Jimmy before last season nor extend Lowry for that much! Also they didn't have to pay Robinson. They are so good at attracting talent, the brave thing to do was to tell those guys you got one more year to make it work, that's it!  Look at Ducan, guy looked amazing coming from nowhere, kudos for him but he barely got any minutes in these playoffs. When you find these guys cheap let them play then let someone else pay them. Go find yourself another gem. They had no problem letting Nunn go and look they found two more guys just like him. 

I think they will have one more decent year then fall apart. I can't wait until the Magics frontcourt is torching Bam and they have no clue how to stop us.

Good points. I think Herro and Adebayo are too good to let them suck so maybe they should retool the team around those two. Butler is on his last legs

16 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Good points. I think Herro and Adebayo are too good to let them suck so maybe they should retool the team around those two. Butler is on his last legs

But that's my point. When the whole business went down in Philly, Miami traded for Jimmy and signed him. Then, before his last contract ran out they extended him. Look at the link. They are paying him one of those ungodly 40-50 million dollar contracts until he is 37. Also Bam is being exposed in these playoffs against some bigger guys. They have to extend Herro now.

Now, to be sure i bet they do the usual Heat thing. Somehow, someway they will move Duncan after paying Herro and Dipo. Maybe they get Lowry to give up his last year or retire. They will work something out but those contracts look really bad. Now sure they have been winning and we would love to make a few deep playoff runs. I just think they will be getting really bad right when we are getting really good.

• Like 1

Almost had to eat my words, lol! Heat do look old though, i really do think Jimmy is a star but not every star gets to win a chip. On to the Finals!

Obviously gonna root for the Warriors. I hope Steph gets his long deserved finals MVP.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Almost had to eat my words, lol! Heat do look old though, i really do think Jimmy is a star but not every star gets to win a chip. On to the Finals!

Obviously gonna root for the Warriors. I hope Steph gets his long deserved finals MVP.

How has Steph never won a Finals MVP?? Wild, but shows he’s always had great supporting cast who stepped up.