All Eyes On Me

2022 NBA Playoffs!

3 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

The way Jordan Poole (6'4" Guard) has played this season + the 30 points playoff game the other night vs the Nuggets were small ball (Curry, Poole, Klay, Wiggins and Draymond) took over the game....MAKES you wonder and realize more and more that this NBA league has drastically changed.

I  wonder too if the Magic FO are going into this draft thinking that a solid "WING PLAYER THAT CAN SHOOT" is what is going to help improve the team down the road........as FO / Team are STILL in discovery mode.

I would love to see us draft 2 players that can shoot! There are some very good shooters in this draft. 

1 hour ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I would love to see us draft 2 players that can shoot! There are some very good shooters in this draft. 

I could be wrong but I guess this FO has a card on the table that reads TRADE DOWN for OKC picks 4 and 12.  Obviously they have to get the # 1 or 2 pick.

On 4/17/2022 at 7:30 PM, ball junkie said:

Correction …another UK guy we passed on …I remember Soul didn’t want Julius Randle and we passed on him I think for Hezonja who’s not even in the league anymore …as Dan Savage said the other day you can’t go wrong drafting a UK kid …in Cal’s system they are often undervalued …Booker, Herro and the guy you all are talking about in here, Maxey …correct if I’m wrong Soul but if my memory serves you said his arms were to short lol.

Which brings me to hint, hint Sharpe …whom Jonathan Givony said his ceiling was Anthony Edwards …he of 38 points today …and Sharpe’s floor is the good Terrance Ross …not bad company to be compared too.

We are turning the playoff thread into the draft thread lol …Happy Easter everyone !

Man, I will give you every other guy all days of the week but.. .not Randle lol

Want to accelerate and settle our rebuild? Sign Brunson this summer. He can play both guards positions, shoot the rock, defend, is heading into his prime, and is a proven leader. We’ve not had a reliable guard like Brunson for years, and I’d love this kind of move. It would mean moving on from at least one of our guards, but I’d be fine with that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Want to accelerate and settle our rebuild? Sign Brunson this summer. He can play both guards positions, shoot the rock, defend, is heading into his prime, and is a proven leader. We’ve not had a reliable guard like Brunson for years, and I’d love this kind of move. It would mean moving on from at least one of our guards, but I’d be fine with that.

This would make me so happy. It's not gonna happen but wouldn't it be wonderful? let's say we get one of the big men at the top of the draft. We could renounce the rights of Bamba and make an offer. Even better if the Mavs realize they are going to lose Brunson and maybe sign and trade him for Bamba and Ross. They need a center and having Ross for one year gives them more size at guard and another 3 point threat around Luka. Yeah Brunson was great for them this year, but with Luka and Dinwiddie they can lose another ballhandler and be ok. We still have problems with almost no ballhandlers when Fultz is hurt or off the floor. Suggs and Cole are combo guards, going to be more shooting guards if they are succesfull going forward.

On 4/19/2022 at 9:36 PM, Soul Bro said:

On 4/19/2022 at 10:59 PM, hootie249 said:

This would make me so happy. It's not gonna happen but wouldn't it be wonderful? let's say we get one of the big men at the top of the draft. We could renounce the rights of Bamba and make an offer. Even better if the Mavs realize they are going to lose Brunson and maybe sign and trade him for Bamba and Ross. They need a center and having Ross for one year gives them more size at guard and another 3 point threat around Luka. Yeah Brunson was great for them this year, but with Luka and Dinwiddie they can lose another ballhandler and be ok. We still have problems with almost no ballhandlers when Fultz is hurt or off the floor. Suggs and Cole are combo guards, going to be more shooting guards if they are succesfull going forward.

I admit I am utterly ignorant but aside from being alright when I've seen him fill in for Luka - how can we indicate that his ceiling is that high and it's not somewhat of a product of him not being specifically scouted for as that 1 / 2 option?

Having said that - if we could get him for Bamba and Ross I wouldn't be opposed personally. Nothing like a change up