All Eyes On Me

2022 NBA Playoffs!

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

True. One of the easy eye test guys. Not sure what these scouts get paid to do.

Not just Orlando scouts, but all over the league 

Watching him drain long distance 3s from everywhere in college and us needing a PG at the time, I really hoped we could somehow get him. Then we took Bamba instead of a PG. :(

On 4/14/2022 at 9:03 AM, ball junkie said:

Since the Magic aren’t in the playoffs this year, who is everybody pulling for ? …I kinda like Philly and the Heat, am pulling for them

The Heat? The Magic nemesis......never in a million years my friend.

Maxey has developed into the player we hoped Anthony would be. There’s still time but it’s hard to watch another guy we passed on thrive.

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

That draft will always haunt me. One pick away from Luka or Trae, and we wind up with Mo Bamba. The rest is history 

I remember the exultation on this board when Atlanta drafted Trae.  All those people thanking Atlanta for allowing us to take Bamba.   

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Maxey has developed into the player we hoped Anthony would be. There’s still time but it’s hard to watch another guy we passed on thrive.

Correction …another UK guy we passed on …I remember Soul didn’t want Julius Randle and we passed on him I think for Hezonja who’s not even in the league anymore …as Dan Savage said the other day you can’t go wrong drafting a UK kid …in Cal’s system they are often undervalued …Booker, Herro and the guy you all are talking about in here, Maxey …correct if I’m wrong Soul but if my memory serves you said his arms were to short lol.

Which brings me to hint, hint Sharpe …whom Jonathan Givony said his ceiling was Anthony Edwards …he of 38 points today …and Sharpe’s floor is the good Terrance Ross …not bad company to be compared too.

We are turning the playoff thread into the draft thread lol …Happy Easter everyone !

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

New playoff rule suggestion, if you lose game 1 by 25+, series is a best of 1

-24 for Atlanta :D

12 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Correction …another UK guy we passed on …I remember Soul didn’t want Julius Randle and we passed on him I think for Hezonja who’s not even in the league anymore …as Dan Savage said the other day you can’t go wrong drafting a UK kid …in Cal’s system they are often undervalued …Booker, Herro and the guy you all are talking about in here, Maxey …correct if I’m wrong Soul but if my memory serves you said his arms were to short lol.

Which brings me to hint, hint Sharpe …whom Jonathan Givony said his ceiling was Anthony Edwards …he of 38 points today …and Sharpe’s floor is the good Terrance Ross …not bad company to be compared too.

We are turning the playoff thread into the draft thread lol …Happy Easter everyone !

You are close… I wanted AG over Randle. Ha! Both have underwhelmed, in my opinion. However, you are correct in that a lot of UK have flourished in the NBA. Like I said, if WeltHam see something special in Sharpe, I’m all for drafting the young man.

The way Jordan Poole (6'4" Guard) has played this season + the 30 points playoff game the other night vs the Nuggets were small ball (Curry, Poole, Klay, Wiggins and Draymond) took over the game....MAKES you wonder and realize more and more that this NBA league has drastically changed.

I  wonder too if the Magic FO are going into this draft thinking that a solid "WING PLAYER THAT CAN SHOOT" is what is going to help improve the team down the road........as FO / Team are STILL in discovery mode.