Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - Magic Vs Cavaliers - April 5th, 2022 @ 7:00 PM

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Markelle Fultz is our best player, and I don’t think it’s that close. If he can stay healthy, his ceiling is CP3 high 

CP3 without a 3p shoot wouldn't be CP3

9 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Yes and no, it doesn’t affect our odds for pick #1, but we could possibly fall to #6 in the lottery. When you have the worst record you can’t fall below #5.

Most people want to tank to get one of the very top picks.   I doubt there’s much difference between 5 and 6.  Last year 8 was arguably better than 5.  

I can't worry about the lottery too much. It is what it is. Half the time i use the simulator an undeserving team like the Blazers, Kings or Pelicans jumps up into first place.

We just need to pick a productive guy, period. I'm still hoping for a star but like others have said there is no surefire star this year. At least not a slam dunk, sure thing. A few years we might look back and know a few stars from this draft but there is no Shaq or Iverson or even an Anthony Davis in this draft. 

Full disclosure, if we get number one i still think Smith is the safest pick for us, but i get if they picked Chet. Almost have to pick the guy with the highest upside when you pick first. It's why your there. 

If we drop in the draft, i want them to pick the best looking guy from the workouts. Not just the highest mocked guy. Lets say we do get 5 or 6, statistically it's very possible. 

Can our guys spot talent? Apparently they were in on Scottie Barnes, can they find another Giannis in the draft? If they see a guy they like in workouts, will they pick him, even if he is mocked in the teens.

Do you just pick the most obvious productive guy like Mathurin? What if Shaedon Sharpe blew them away in his workout. We have a pretty bad recent history of missing out on Kentucky guards. Poor kid never played a game but what if? 

To me this is the biggest conundrum. Pick the potential guy because you almost have too, or pick the safe pick. Look at Memphis. Besides the draft where they got Ja, they have picked productive, safe guys and it's paying off. What team wouldn't draft Bane now, most passed on him draft day. Guys like Clarke,Brooks,Melton even the just drafted Zaire Williams. They drafted that kid about 7-10 spots above his projection.

So after watching the game last night what i noticed is that when  fultz is PG Bamba plays like a surefire player. When he plays with cole and hampton he sucks...not sure if that is indicitavie of his game or more a realization of the way cole and RJ play.

11 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

So after watching the game last night what i noticed is that when  fultz is PG Bamba plays like a surefire player. When he plays with cole and hampton he sucks...not sure if that is indicitavie of his game or more a realization of the way cole and RJ play.

Nope, it's been the Magic's biggest problem for ten years. Seeing Fultz gives me hope. If we make the jump past 30 wins next year it will be because Fultz and Bamba Stayed healthy and turned a corner. We have needed a point guard forever, which is why we always look better with Fultz on the floor. Cole has a shooters mentality, Fultz has a point guard mentality. 

Edit. Don't get too excited about Bamba. Remember, both of the Cavs best big men are hurt. Allen and Mobley. Still would rather have Mobley then Bamba 10 times out of 10.