All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

3 hours ago, O_SteveO said:

Is it crazy to say that Franz is already better than AG? Am I delusional?

I think that AG is a better one-on-one defender, and is more athletic. I think Franz is a better shooter, better passer, and has a higher overall BBIQ. I think they are about even in terms of team defense/communication. Is it crazy to say Franz is better? I don't think it's crazy; in fact, I would tend to agree with you on that. Are you delusional? That's a question only you and your therapist can answer, LOL. 

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Way better. Basketball IQ doesn’t even compare

Agree that he’s way better. Sure AG is more athletic but he doesn’t even know how to use it to his advantage. Franz is already better than him in every other facet of the game besides defense but I expect that to change sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On one of the worse teams in the league.  So however good his play was didn't move the needle.  I know we tanked most of the year but at least AG was a contributor on a playoff team. He was definitely a surprise performer but lets get some seasons under his belt before we anoint him.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

45 minutes ago, MagicBucc said:

On one of the worse teams in the league.  So however good his play was didn't move the needle.  I know we tanked most of the year but at least AG was a contributor on a playoff team. He was definitely a surprise performer but lets get some seasons under his belt before we anoint him.

If Franz played with the MVP I'm sure he would have contributed to a playoff team.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MagicBucc said:

I wasn't comparing Franz to how AG has played in Denver, but to how he played while he was here in Orlando. Frankly, AG was supposed to be a bigger focus of the team, and an integral part of the rebuild. AG had some good games offensively, and some really good defensive games, but never put it all together to become a consistent contributor. AG kept showing us occasional flashes of the player we hoped he could be, but never seemed to have what it takes to put it all together. Maybe getting robbed in the dunk contest twice got into his head? Maybe he didn't/doesn't have the BBIQ to make the leap? Who knows. I think we gave him the time to prove himself, and then moved on. 

Franz had a very productive season, and was reasonably consistent for a rookie. He seems to play within the team concept, and has good shooting and passing technique. I already rank both of those as better than AG. I also think his BBIQ is higher than AG's. His team defense is about par with AG; although he isn't as athletic, his communication and positioning offsets that. AG is by far the better one-on-one defender, when he focuses on that. 

Is Franz better that AG right now? I think so, but it isn't a slam dunk - yet. Is Franz already better than AG was in his first 2-3 years in the league? Not only do I think so, but in my opinion, it isn't even close. Can Franz continue to build on his rookie season, and take the next step or two to become an All-Star? Obviously we can't know that, but I hope so and I have seen some positive indicators in his rookie season. What are the odds this far into his career that AG can/will take that next step or two to become a consistent contributor and an All-Star? I'm thinking they are fairly slim. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, MagicBucc said:

At Franz’s age, AG also played for one of the worst teams in the league and averaged like 10ppg.  If Gordon looked anything like Franz in his rookie or sophomore year, we could’ve projected him as a star.

• Upvote 3

This will be a rumor i think for one reason. The other four rebuilding teams that could have massive cap space have drafted a ton of guards. Rockets,Spurs,Pistons and Pacers are just chock full of recently drafted guards. I don't think that would stop them from bidding if he really looks good this year. Anyhow, it's bull**** just like CT posted. Yes we probably need a shooting guard more then anything else. That is where the rumor is coming from. I do think that Wiggins and Poole will be all the talk next offseason. I expect the Warriors to extend one of them before free agency even hits.