Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

43 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

saw this tweet, thought it was awesome for discussion as WCJ and suggs are in the top - i love the 5th observation. I couldnt find Bamba.

Franz is actually decently positioned too if you can spot him. Can't find him now but earlier i was looking and spotted his chin lol. 

RJ facing difficult match ups is a weird one. 

Also T Ross being the very bottom left tracks with how he played last season.

LET'S GO // Magic fans, I'm in NYC this week and look what I came across at the NBA Store on 5th Ave! It's a huge banner with your Magic merch front and center. Boom! I couldn't believe my eyes. Let's go!!!

rsz_1img_0824.thumb.jpg.91232562498015fdbe2462034b4317d8.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

saw this tweet, thought it was awesome for discussion as WCJ and suggs are in the top - i love the 5th observation. I couldnt find Bamba.

Have to lol at Ross being the worst defender in the league

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Have to lol at Ross being the worst defender in the league

Which is very weird to me, as he was a decent two-way player early in his career. I blame this in part on the need for him to spend much of the last 8 years carrying the offense for the 2nd team. He has gotten unfocused on the Defensive side of the ball - combine that with faltering athleticism due to injuries, and age, and it was the perfect storm. Hopefully, if we don't trade him, he can get healthier, and re-focus more on that end; since presumably, he won't be asked to carry as much of the offense. I really would like to see his game/value rebound. At 31-32, he should still be near the peak of his abilities if he can stay healthy. 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

Which is very weird to me, as he was a decent two-way player early in his career. I blame this in part on the need for him to spend much of the last 8 years carrying the offense for the 2nd team. He has gotten unfocused on the Defensive side of the ball - combine that with faltering athleticism due to injuries, and age, and it was the perfect storm. Hopefully, if we don't trade him, he can get healthier, and re-focus more on that end; since presumably, he won't be asked to carry as much of the offense. I really would like to see his game/value rebound. At 31-32, he should still be near the peak of his abilities if he can stay healthy. 

Yeah, he should in theory be a great defender. Chalk it up to what his role was and a lack of effort. Hopefully he can have a Wiggins like transformation on that end

On 7/28/2022 at 2:01 PM, CTMagicUK said:

Franz is actually decently positioned too if you can spot him. Can't find him now but earlier i was looking and spotted his chin lol. 

RJ facing difficult match ups is a weird one. 

Also T Ross being the very bottom left tracks with how he played last season.

T Ross hasn’t been good on d since we got him. This will not somehow transform and his effort on d has not helped his younger teammates. Y’all talk about culture, well one thing to vastly help that is to get rid of players who don’t guve a dam about that side of the floor. Ross, Bamba come to mind.

• Upvote 1