Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

If by "a forward" he means Franz or Paolo it's a hard pass from me. 

No idea who he meant by “a forward”, but if I had to guess I’d say Issac. Hoping it’s Chuma, but doubtful. 
 

Franz and Paolo are untouchable in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we could pull of the trade I shared the other day for DM:

Suggs, Ross, Bamba, Chuma, 2023 orl pick, 2023 Chi Pick, 2025 orl pick, 2025 Den pick, 2024 swap. 

We would have a depth chart of: 
 

PG: Fultz/Cole

SG: DM/ Harris

SF: Franz/ Issac

PF: Paolo/ Issac

 C: WCJ/ Mo Wagner

 

That’s a solid 9 man rotation IMO. I think we would firmly be in the playoffs. I’d say 5-7 seed in the east. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listening to Simmons podcast. He clearly thinks we have the best assets to get DM, though he doesn't know if DM would be happy in Orlando. His co-host: "You have to do it."

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Listening to Simmons podcast. He clearly thinks we have the best assets to get DM, though he doesn't know if DM would be happy in Orlando. His co-host: "You have to do it."

I actually do think that there's this idea of "We have enough young assets. You can only give some much time on the court if you have 7-8 good young assets." I think you do 4+ 1st's for DM if you're Orlando. Your goal is no longer to lose. You say, "This is our team, and we're making the jump over the next 2-3 years - all-in on betting on this." 

I honestly think that we only get DM if we give up Franz or Paolo in Utah's mind. I don't think we get him otherwise and I think it will ultimately be the hold-up from getting a deal done on either party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I actually do think that there's this idea of "We have enough young assets. You can only give some much time on the court if you have 7-8 good young assets." I think you do 4+ 1st's for DM if you're Orlando. Your goal is no longer to lose. You say, "This is our team, and we're making the jump over the next 2-3 years - all-in on betting on this." 

I honestly think that we only get DM if we give up Franz or Paolo in Utah's mind. I don't think we get him otherwise and I think it will ultimately be the hold-up from getting a deal done on either party. 

Yeah, Utah is not giving up their best player without giving us one of our two best prospects in return.

It’s weird, Mitchell is undoubtedly a better player than Franz, but it is still a tough hurdle for me to get over in my mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Yeah, Utah is not giving up their best player without giving us one of our two best prospects in return.

It’s weird, Mitchell is undoubtedly a better player than Franz, but it is still a tough hurdle for me to get over in my mind

5th year Mitchell is obviously better than rookie Franz.

But big 2 way wings who can create for themselves and others are the most valuable archetype in basketball and small guards  (who are not the greatest shooter of all time) consistently fall short in the playoffs. Not to mention we've got at least 7 more years of Franz (3 years left on his rookie deal plus a 4 year extension) whereas we'd only be guaranteed 3 years of Mitchell. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't recall Simmons mentioning trading Paulo or Franz. He mentioned something like Cole, Suggs, Isaac and multiple picks/swaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Simmons stuff is interesting, especially cause he’s usually a hardcore Magic hater. I don’t think he has many reliable sources outside of Boston, probably just speculating like we all are. We’ve got the most attractive assets to deal for a disgruntled superstar in the league, and that window will close as rookie deals start to expire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There won't be a trade because you cannot win with Ainge. Simple as that. Guy has proved it time and time again. To trade with him might as well be signing your own resignation as a GM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How much better than a healthy Harris is DM? I think Suggs, Ross, Bamba, Chuma, 2023 orl pick, 2023 Chi Pick, 2025 orl pick, 2025 Den pick, 2024 swap is an overpay, especially if our 2023 is unprotected. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

How much better than a healthy Harris is DM?

Orders of magnitude better. 

Don't get me I personally wouldn't give up what it would take to get Donovan but it has legitimately nothing to do with how good Gary Harris is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×