All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

The Magic easily have the assets to get Mitchell. I don't see our management being on board with a move this big. However,fear of missing out is a powerful force. Rarely does a top flight guard who has 4 years of contract left come up in trade talks. I don't know what to think.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I still believe Cole and Suggs will develop into good NBA players and I think Fultz already is despite the shot.

But I actually believe a lot less relies on Cole, Suggs or Fultz now that we have both Paolo and Franz. If those guys develop as we hope  (i.e. into All Star forwards who can both facilitate and score), we won't need a PG who handles the ball on every possession. 

DM pretty much needs the ball in his hands and doesn't particularly create for others.  Not sure he's a fit for what we are trying to do with our frontcourt as that would take the ball out of their hands.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I still believe Cole and Suggs will develop into good NBA players and I think Fultz already is despite the shot.

But I actually believe a lot less relies on Cole, Suggs or Fultz now that we have both Paolo and Franz. If those guys develop as we hope  (i.e. into All Star forwards who can both facilitate and score), we won't need a PG who handles the ball on every possession. 

I agree that our guards can become decent players (with Fultz there now), and I think our team’s style with follow a lot of Boston’s/Toronto’s style. However, I still think one of our guards will have to ascend to that killer shooter and two-way player mode to go the distance.

12 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Looool

I would assume this is 100% a family move. Steph’s little brother, Seth Curry, is married to Callie Rivers, daughter of Doc Rivers and brother of Austin Rivers, whom all grew up in Winter Park (even as Doc was coaching in LA). Apparently they enjoy spending a solid amount of time in the off-season here. 

I can only assume Curry bought a house in a non-gated community like Winter Park to be close to his brother and sister in law’s family when they visit 3-4 weeks out of the year. Convenience over staying in a hotel. 

56 minutes ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

Magic get: DM

Jazz get: Isaac, Suggs, Hampton, Cannady, 2023 1st, 2025 1st, 2027 1st

What would you say?

I’d rather move Cole than Isaac, but that’s a good deal.

I think that Donovan would be dreaming of New York for the years he played here but I’d still take the risk.

Jordan Clarkson is another guy they’re moving and he’s a Tampa kid. Would love to have a microwave scorer like him

WCJ going to make 83 million less over the next 4 years than Deandre Ayton. Bro needs to fire his agent. (Admittedly we paid him before this great last season so smart by WeltHam)

22 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

WCJ going to make 83 million less over the next 4 years than Deandre Ayton. Bro needs to fire his agent. (Admittedly we paid him before this great last season so smart by WeltHam)

No way in hell I’m paying that much for Ayton

3 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

No way in hell I’m paying that much for Ayton

Yea an average of 33m dollars a season for a guy who doesn't create his own offense (or hasn't yet) and isn't a DPOY is... A choice?