All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Durant has preferred teams, but that doesn’t really matter. He’s got 4 years left on his deal. It’s gonna come down to highest bidder and I’m sure teams will be willing to call his bluff.

Yeah and I just don’t know who would add him. What if he’s traded back to Oklahoma City haha 

• Like 1

Just now, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I wouldn’t touch either of them with a 10 foot pole and I’m more than certain they have no interest in coming here. They are both Diva’s who would kill any chemistry we have and they want to go to a contender.

No not Durant or Kyrie. Their whole roster is on the market. I meant more the Seth Curry types for Orlando. 

1 minute ago, TrueBlueDrew said:

I’ve always been a fan of Joe Harris but I think he’d just take minutes away from Paolo and Fran

Maybe Patty Mills if we clear up our log jam at guard?

He's a free agent.

2 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

No not Durant or Kyrie. Their whole roster is on the market. I meant more the Seth Curry types for Orlando. 

Ah gotcha my bad I misread your post. I’d definitely look at Curry or Harris. I’d say Nic Claxton as well if we don’t sign Hartenstein or resign Bamba.  

• Like 1

Just now, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

Ah gotcha my bad I misread your post. I’d definitely look at Curry or Harris. I’d say Nic Clayton as well if we don’t sign Hartenstein or resign Bamba.  

Those are the names I am thinking. This news really makes free agency and trade season interesting. Strap in? Lol

Just now, MagicMan1979 said:

Those are the names I am thinking. This news really makes free agency and trade season interesting. Strap in? Lol

Yeah man seems like it’s going to be a wild free agency. Question is if we are going to get involved and go after a big name or just sign some vets and not tie up our cap space. 

8 minutes ago, TrueMagicFanSince1987 said:

I wouldn’t touch either of them with a 10 foot pole and I’m more than certain they have no interest in coming here. They are both Diva’s who would kill any chemistry we have and they want to go to a contender.

How has Durant been a Diva?

And this isn’t directed at you specially, but we would all accept KD with open arms if he said I want to play in Orlando. 

That won’t happen, but it’s a bold face lie for any of us to say we wouldn’t accept him. 

Welcome to the deal zone! It sucks OKC had to go and do all those buyouts. I would be rooting hard for them to get Durant back. However because of Kemba they have 28 million in dead money and over 17 million in cap holds for rookies and Dort. I mean it might be possible without giving up Chet and SGA but i doubt it.

8 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

And this isn’t directed at you specially, but we would all accept KD with open arms if he said I want to play in Orlando. 

That won’t happen, but it’s a bold face lie for any of us to say we wouldn’t accept him. 

He’s not a leader in my eyes and has never carried a team by himself. He’s also not getting any younger and has been hurt for long stretches over the last few seasons. Add in the off court stuff like going at it with fans, media, and anyone who says anything negative about him I wouldn’t want that kind of distraction in our locker room. He’s also forced his way out of a few places and we’d just be the next team to get burned the second he was unhappy with something. 

24 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Durant is a diva, kudos to you if you don't follow the NBA drama. There are better things to do in life. But trust me brother, it's no joke, the guy is Drama. 

Best thing Durant has going for him is he is a true baller, ball is that guys main thing unlike Harden and strip clubs and Kyrie and social awareness. However he is still a headcase that spends too much time on twitter and does react to much to others opinions.