All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

Personally don't think it's the right time to get a max free agent. The timeline of Beal or Lavine versus literally the entire rest of our team doesn't make sense. All our most important players wont even hit their prime until 3+ years from now. 

1 hour ago, pghMAGIC said:

Bridges arrested for domestic violence on free agency eve. Yikes

He's really done everything to tank his value this off-season.

Damion Lee might be a solid vet bench guy. Not sure how likely he is to leave Golden State he's literally Steph Curry's brother in law but he's 29 with less than 3 mil in career earnings so 3+ mil a season for a couple of years might tempt him if Golden State are only offering the minimum again. He's not anything special really but he can shoot and he's just been part of a championship winning roster. 

I don't anticipate we'll make a big move so I'm scratching around the edges to see if there's anyone who could make our roster better.

Ok so I’m not great at understanding the business side of teams constructing their personnel in the off-season …why are we dumping Mo Bamba for what looks like Isaiah Hartenstein ? I’m seeing loads of teams licking their chops to get him …I do understand the numbers thing as I posted earlier about the logjam of bigs we have …is this a good move to help us in terms of winning more games ?

Anybody that cares to answer I’d appreciate it .

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Guys…. I think I want Simons

Is there a chance we can get him ? That kid blew up in Portland after McCollum left and is also young .

14 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Ok so I’m not great at understanding the business side of teams constructing their personnel in the off-season …why are we dumping Mo Bamba for what looks like Isaiah Hartenstein ? I’m seeing loads of teams licking their chops to get him …I do understand the numbers thing as I posted earlier about the logjam of bigs we have …is this a good move to help us in terms of winning more games ?

Anybody that cares to answer I’d appreciate it .

If we give Bamba the qualifying offer he's got like a 22 million cap hold until he signs a new deal (and the qualifying offer is like a 10+ million 1 year deal if he signs it). If we don't think Bamba is worth a deal over 10 million it doesn't make sense to offer him the qualifying offer both for the value of it and for the cap space it eats up until the contract is signed. 

The reported Hartenstein number is like 8 million a year (but we'll see both if that happens and what the number ends up being). And in my opinion Hartenstein is a better player than Bamba. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

It’s hard not to respect Cole’s leadership and initiative here. Good for him. I’ve wanted to trade him, but it looks like I just need to hope he improves this year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2