All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Strapped in

That's gonna be a no from me dog. Unless it's at the the mid year deadline and doesn't involve whoever we draft this year. 

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Strapped in

Donovan Mitchell is a great scorer… but does he do much else? I just feel like the price is going to be too high for a guy who isn’t necessarily an exceptional passer or is a defensive liability (maybe I’m wrong there but that’s what I’ve come to understand of him).

Go look at his stats. Statistically not many players have done anything close to what he has done his first 5 years. But yeah, besides his playoff run in the bubble, i don't watch the Jazz. Is it him or the Jazz that suck?

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Strapped in

I’ve said it a few times now, IMO adding the number 1 pick and an elite scorer would make Orlando a contender. 

Cole, Chuma, Ross, both seconds this year, both 2023 first round picks (ours and Chicago’s) and both 2025 first round picks (ours and Denver). 

PG: Fultz, Suggs, RJ 

SG: Mitchell, Suggs, RJ 

SF: Franz, Issac, Iggy 

PF: Draft Pick, Issac, FA (1)

C: Wendell, FA (2) , Mo Wagner 

That’s a strong 12 man roster in my opinion. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

I’ve said it a few times now, IMO adding the number 1 pick and an elite scorer would make Orlando a contender. 

Cole, Chuma, Ross, both seconds this year, both 2023 first round picks (ours and Chicago’s) and both 2025 first round picks (ours and Denver). 

PG: Fultz, Suggs, RJ 

SG: Mitchell, Suggs, RJ 

SF: Franz, Issac, Iggy 

PF: Draft Pick, Issac, FA (1)

C: Wendell, FA (2) , Mo Wagner 

That’s a strong 12 man roster in my opinion. 

wow thats a lot to mortgage... I dont know if i would send them 4 future #1 picks, maybe just 3 and keep one. Gosh thats actually a really hard decision.
What if they want franz and RJ and not cole and chuma?

Mitchell is a legit 25pt scorer. 36% from three but 84% from FT. He'll be 26 next season

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

wow thats a lot to mortgage... I dont know if i would send them 4 future #1 picks, maybe just 3 and keep one. Gosh thats actually a really hard decision.
What if they want franz and RJ and not cole and chuma?

Mitchell is a legit 25pt scorer. 36% from three but 84% from FT. He'll be 26 next season

I have no issue with adding RJ, however Franz would be a deal breaker. I’m very high on Franz making him nearly unattainable for any package in my opinion.

To a lesser extent, but still very unattainable would be the number 1 pick, Fultz, Wendell and Suggs (in that order). 

Everybody else, I’d be willing to part with for the right cost. That said, I would prefer to hold onto Issac as I think trading him now would be selling at the low. 

Also, I agreed including (4) first round picks, (2) high second round picks, (2) young players and an expiring contract is a lot, but we wouldn’t be the only team making an offer. I believe Mitchell would be in high demand, as 26 year old players who average 25 PPG with 3 years left on there contract don’t come around everyday. 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I wouldn’t be thrilled about it, but I’d move this year’s #1 for Mitchell

Do you think the Jazz would accept this? I think they would want more. 

I saw a rumor (can’t remember from which site) that Jazz wanted a Paul George type package. Meaning young players and multiple firsts. 

10 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Do you think the Jazz would accept this? I think they would want more. 

I saw a rumor (can’t remember from which site) that Jazz wanted a Paul George type package. Meaning young players and multiple firsts. 

Probably #1 + Suggs, so they could re-unite the high school teammates.

Don't think there's much chance we trade for Mitchell personally. Even if the Jazz decide to trade him, which they shouldn't.

27 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Don't think there's much chance we trade for Mitchell personally. Even if the Jazz decide to trade him, which they shouldn't.

I think we learned not to "blow up the process" (see trading Oladipo + 1st for Ibaka). With that being said, we have ENOUGH young assets. I don't think giving away 3 1st round picks over the next 4 years (we own 5) isn't THAT crazy to get someone like Mitchell. Add in Suggs, RJ, and Ross (contract purposes) and I do that deal, despite my belief in the upside of Suggs's talent and leadership. Isaac and Fultz are off-limited because they are "sell low" candidates and Franz/Carter are off because I consider them to be core players for a great roster. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I agree the chances are super high, but with all the turmoil in their organization it’s worth exploring in my opinion.