All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Has anyone else noticed how terrible Ross has been this year? His stats are awful. Doubt he has any value [sigh]

What’s weird with Ross is he’s entirely changed his style of play this year. I’ve never seen the dude so passive. We used to bust him for being a chucker, but that’s how streaky shooters catch fire. 

I agree he has next to no value in a trade, but at least he’s going into the last year of his contract 

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

DNEObI.gif>>>    bEgo53.png

I am really surprised and shocked at this. In all my years of being a member of TBN message board, I don't ever remember a year when the amount of participation with comments in the game threads was at this level. Through all the lean/losing years, the participation was at a robust level, and I think that because members were what you might call "arm chair coaches", I think that the game threads were being read by players and the front office. An example was when board members were calling for Gordon, Fournier and Vucevic to be traded.

There are thousands of registered TBN board members and non board members, and I don't think it's fair to fans who are not members of this board, who read the comments during games, to take away from them something that they enjoy doing.

Just about all of the active participants have disappeared from making comments on this board. I know that the NCAA mens and womens March madness tournaments have something to do with it, but I don't ever remember comments by participants ever being this low--never, ever--nearing the end of the season.

There are fans out there who want to read your opinions or analyses about what is going on in the game. Because this is what they/we do. I can envision some disappointed fans out there, young and old (including myself).

That's like telling little Mikey or little Suzy to give up on something they are passionate about.

I will continue to prepare, post, and watch the games.

GO MAGIC! 

x9GQCd.gif

By no means was this Thread meant to deter any efforts you’ve been putting in the game threads. You know I come in and comment when I can, but I’m out in Denver, so I rarely get to watch games live, meaning the game threads are usually full of spoilers until I’m caught up. I hope one day soon this place will be lively again during the season, and am optimistic it will with how Amway has been bumping lately.

2 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

DNEObI.gif>>>    bEgo53.png

I am really surprised and shocked at this. In all my years of being a member of TBN message board, I don't ever remember a year when the amount of participation with comments in the game threads was at this level. Through all the lean/losing years, the participation was at a robust level, and I think that because members were what you might call "arm chair coaches", I think that the game threads were being read by players and the front office. An example was when board members were calling for Gordon, Fournier and Vucevic to be traded.

There are thousands of registered TBN board members and non board members, and I don't think it's fair to fans who are not members of this board, who read the comments during games, to take away from them something that they enjoy doing.

Just about all of the active participants have disappeared from making comments on this board. I know that the NCAA mens and womens March madness tournaments have something to do with it, but I don't ever remember comments by participants ever being this low--never, ever--nearing the end of the season.

There are fans out there who want to read your opinions or analyses about what is going on in the game. Because this is what they/we do. I can envision some disappointed fans out there, young and old (including myself).

That's like telling little Mikey or little Suzy to give up on something they are passionate about.

I will continue to prepare, post, and watch the games.

GO MAGIC! 

x9GQCd.gif

I love your game threads, though I don’t usually post much during a game, as I find I miss too much while I’m writing. If I’m not watching the game it’s usually because I’m working, or out somewhere that I can’t. I do like to read through them after the fact, especially if it’s a game I had to miss. 

4 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I love your game threads, though I don’t usually post much during a game, as I find I miss too much while I’m writing. If I’m not watching the game it’s usually because I’m working, or out somewhere that I can’t. I do like to read through them after the fact, especially if it’s a game I had to miss. 

Same - im usually at the game so i dont post on it.

Doing some super early guess work about the offseason. LaVine is the only really blockbuster type free agent. You could throw in Beal,Kyrie and Harden but i expect all 3 of them to re-sign. 

I wouldn't want any of them for obvious reasons. Big time headaches, all 3. I wouldn't mind Beal, but not in a sign and trade. He's gonna get that bag, way too much. Anyhow Lavine is the youngest of all of them and the only one i believe would sign with another team. He is a completely unrestricted free agent. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

There is the list. We have a way to offer LaVine big money, it would involve dumping Bamba and a couple other players. In my mind this is the only move we could or should make to speed up our timeline. Only other thing i can possibly even imagine is a Mitchell trade but even then probably would not like what we would have to give up. 

Other then that i'm not really big on free agents. If we don't do something big, we should retain Bamba, draft a big man and if we do draft a big man sign another guard. Sure would be nice to have an actual vet ball handler next year. Not another chucker like Ross. Somebody like Tyus jones. Yes i know we have a ton of guards, but none really create for the rest of the team except Fultz and Cole when he is feeling like it. 

TL:DR. Don't want to make a splash in free agency unless it's for LaVine. Absolutley no sign and trades unless we are fleecing a dumb Gm. We have a ton of assets but must keep most of them. 

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Doing some super early guess work about the offseason. LaVine is the only really blockbuster type free agent. You could throw in Beal,Kyrie and Harden but i expect all 3 of them to re-sign. 

I wouldn't want any of them for obvious reasons. Big time headaches, all 3. I wouldn't mind Beal, but not in a sign and trade. He's gonna get that bag, way too much. Anyhow Lavine is the youngest of all of them and the only one i believe would sign with another team. He is a completely unrestricted free agent. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/

There is the list. We have a way to offer LaVine big money, it would involve dumping Bamba and a couple other players. In my mind this is the only move we could or should make to speed up our timeline. Only other thing i can possibly even imagine is a Mitchell trade but even then probably would not like what we would have to give up. 

Other then that i'm not really big on free agents. If we don't do something big, we should retain Bamba, draft a big man and if we do draft a big man sign another guard. Sure would be nice to have an actual vet ball handler next year. Not another chucker like Ross. Somebody like Tyus jones. Yes i know we have a ton of guards, but none really create for the rest of the team except Fultz and Cole when he is feeling like it. 

TL:DR. Don't want to make a splash in free agency unless it's for LaVine. Absolutley no sign and trades unless we are fleecing a dumb Gm. We have a ton of assets but must keep most of them. 

I would love to have Lavine but I don't see why he would leave Chicago unless they try and low ball him?

2 hours ago, MagicMoses said:

I would love to have Lavine but I don't see why he would leave Chicago unless they try and low ball him?

I agree if he goes the way of almost every other player and wants the maximum bag. I just think it's possible he might want a choice. LaVine has been on the Wolves and Bulls. He is still pretty damn young. I don't think it's crazy he might look around and decide to play with a younger team. He is not a restricted agent, he can go anywhere. Just off the top of my head i know the Pistons,Spurs,Magic and maybe Portland could offer him a contract starting in the mid 30's that goes up every year. What if  he looks at the Spurs,Pistons or Magic and thinks they have a ton of young players he wants to grow with. 

13 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I agree if he goes the way of almost every other player and wants the maximum bag. I just think it's possible he might want a choice. LaVine has been on the Wolves and Bulls. He is still pretty damn young. I don't think it's crazy he might look around and decide to play with a younger team. He is not a restricted agent, he can go anywhere. Just off the top of my head i know the Pistons,Spurs,Magic and maybe Portland could offer him a contract starting in the mid 30's that goes up every year. What if  he looks at the Spurs,Pistons or Magic and thinks they have a ton of young players he wants to grow with. 

I would love for you to be right but I don't see it. He's probably at the point in his career where because he hasn't won much he wants to play with other all stars. Has he even played a playoff game yet? Best chance any team would have of getting him is if the Bulls get swept in the first round without putting up much of a fight...

This is the reason why we are going to have have to develop one of our young players into an all-star because we aren't a big free agent destination and to get all-star calibre players you need to have them first.