All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea I think we'll at least field calls for him on draft day. Difficult to find an obvious taker for him. He's kind of a beauty in the eye of the beholder guy at the moment because he had a rough season last year so hard to gauge his value. Plus there aren't many 12+ mil deals out there for matching salary where you look at the player and immediately think "I'd rather have T Ross than him and a 2nd round pick" (for example) and the ones that you do think that are horrible contracts we'd be unlikely to want to trade for. 

EDIT: our best chance might to be get involved in a bigger deal where we take back 2 or 3 contracts and picks and a contender gets Ross as a throw in they think might help them.

A contender is the key....teams like the Bucks, Sixers, NEVER with the Heat, the Suns, even Portland. He is from over there, are teams that would like to get him.

He had a sub-par year last season....the Magic was "tanking it easy" because of the full rebuild they are in. He was not engaged....he was a pass first player, something that we know he is not.

I'm thinking Anthony Parker gets the Head of Scouting role after a bit of research. As a player he played both internationally and the NBA. He was a scout with us before he moved to Lakeland, spent years as the GM of Lakeland in the G League and is now back with us. I honestly feel like we might have promoted him back up to us specifically because we thought Lloyd might move on soon. 

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm thinking Anthony Parker gets the Head of Scouting role after a bit of research. As a player he played both internationally and the NBA. He was a scout with us before he moved to Lakeland, spent years as the GM of Lakeland in the G League and is now back with us. I honestly feel like we might have promoted him back up to us specifically because we thought Lloyd might move on soon. 

Do you know who was Matt's right hand guy?

Yet we are contemplating drafting another big ? And I know I don’t have to tell you who his body resembles that we may draft right now …looks promising in this vid 

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Yet we are contemplating drafting another big ? And I know I don’t have to tell you who his body resembles that we may draft right now …looks promising in this vid 

lol. You’re exhausting. I’d go on a lengthy post about how Bol Bol doesn’t have any affect on who we’re drafting, but I feel like the time I spend doing so would be wasted.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

lol. You’re exhausting. I’d go on a lengthy post about how Bol Bol doesn’t have any affect on who we’re drafting, but I feel like the time I spend doing so would be wasted.

What I’m saying is it should though …him, Mo Bamba and possibly Holmgren ? I know our GM’s are smarter than that .

Yeah, your pessimism in regards to Sharpe …I deal with that also …thanks Givony 

• Downvote 2

8 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

What I’m saying is it should though …him, Mo Bamba and possibly Holmgren ? I know our GM’s are smarter than that .

Yeah, your pessimism in regards to Sharpe …I deal with that also …thanks Givony 

Both Bamba and Bol are nowhere near sure things to be on the roster next year.

I’m not pessimistic on Sharpe, I’m pessimistic on Sharpe with the 1st overall pick in the draft. By no means am I trying to offend you.