All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

11 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

That’s depressing 

There were a ton of people in our forum who didn’t want him and were thrilled Atlanta took him and not Bamba.  In fact, that was the prevailing sentiment IIRC.  

Not gonna lie, I still don’t want Trae.

Also, I’m all for regretting guys that we didn’t pick that we could have and pasted up on, but Trae doesn’t fit this category. 

14 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Also, I’m all for regretting guys that we didn’t pick that we could have and pasted up on, but Trae doesn’t fit this category. 

Agree on both counts. Trae is a terrific basketball player but I'm still skeptical of him in a playoff setting. 

22 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Agree on both counts. Trae is a terrific basketball player but I'm still skeptical of him in a playoff setting. 

Credit to you guys for having the courage of your convictions.  

Trae just about single handedly took Atlanta from doormat to a playoff team.  You’d both still prefer we have Bamba?

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Trae just about single handedly took Atlanta from doormat to a playoff team.  You’d both still prefer we have Bamba?

Obviously not. Trae is better than Bamba. That's not up for debate. Trae is also an incredibly impactful regular season player and he'd be the best player on this team. And honestly to be fair it's a bit much to say I don't want him if we traded for him tomorrow I'd be excited. But I don't think a 6'1 heliocentric creator is likely to win a championship. 

44 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Nah, I’m not saying Bamba > Trae. I’m saying if we’re gonna play this what if game from that draft why not do it with a guy like SGA or Mikal Bridges, who we could’ve drafted?

Also, I just don’t like to watch Trae Young play basketball. Maybe I’d feel different if he played here, but his style drives me nuts.

Thank you both for clarifying.  Those are all fair points, although I’d much rather watch Trae than Anthony, for example.  

Good discussion.   

3 hours ago, JJZFL said:

There were a ton of people in our forum who didn’t want him and were thrilled Atlanta took him and not Bamba.  In fact, that was the prevailing sentiment IIRC.  

I was all in on Trae btw. And got berated for it by ?4thewin. 

19 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Same convinction than the other poster, Young is a great player to watch, he could carry a team in RS to the playoffs, but also one that will assure you mediocrity in those playoff series, at least until he doesn't correct some of his flaws.

As for the reactions post draft... I think that everyone tend to love/hope that the player we've just drafted is the best of the world, and that we've made the best possible choice. :)