All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m starting to think we never see JI play basketball again in a Magic jersey. At this point either we’re intentionally holding him out or he has no interest in playing here. It’s been over 2 years since his initial injury. Cut the cord.

As much as I'd love to see him back, healthy, and playing great, if that happens we need to trade him ASAP. We can not build our team around someone with such a high injury risk factor.

On 9/25/2022 at 9:20 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Of all the injuries that could have happened a fractured toe is hardly a terrible one. Just unfortunate. He'll miss training camp though and possibly a week or two of the season. 

This is the Magic we’re talking about.  He’ll probably be out all season.  

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

As much as I'd love to see him back, healthy, and playing great, if that happens we need to trade him ASAP. We can not build our team around someone with such a high injury risk factor.

We’re not building our team around him. That ship sailed. He’s a complimentary piece at best until he proves otherwise

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Anything we get from JI at this point has to be considered a nice surprise rather than an expectation. It'd be great if he somehow stays healthy for a full season but until it happens I won't hold my breath. 

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, J Roc Baby said:

I love J.I but I'm done with this. Sometimes the best ability is availability. We've literally taken about half a dozen steps back and we haven't even tipped off the first game

Or even training camp