All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Paolo Banchero.

I think we need to tone it down a bit, y'all. Paolo is certainly good, but as has been indicated, he's more Luka Donchic thanks Lebron James (which still hitting the jackpot). Paolo's athleticism is good but not elite, but what he might lack in athleticism, he makes up for in BBIQ, which I take 9 times out of 10 (see the inverse here - RJ Hampton). 

Paolo is going to be good, and he'll probably be an all-star, but we need to quit comparing him to the generational talents of Jordan and Lebron. Depending on personality (marketability), he could be our biggest start since Tracy McGrady, and even then, he won't be the elite scorer McGrady was (athleticism plays a factor there), but he could be like Carmelo type scorer (big body,  matchup nightmare) with better passing skills / BBIQ, which we should take every day. 

My Point: he's going to be great, but let's temper the expectations until we start seeing him play with other NBA players on a nightly basis. 

• Upvote 2

Orlando Magic

Training camp starts: Tuesday, Sept. 27

New faces:

Preseason schedule: 

• Oct. 3 at Memphis Grizzlies
  • Oct. 6 at San Antonio Spurs
  • Oct. 7 at Dallas Mavericks
  • Oct. 11 vs. Memphis Grizzlies
  • Oct. 14 vs. Cleveland Cavaliers

One thought on the Magic: Banchero's rookie season is enough to be excited about Orlando's upcoming season, but after seeing how well Franz Wagner looked in EuroBasket, his progression may have the potential to overshadow that. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Orlando Magic

New faces:

Preseason schedule: 

One thought on the Magic: Banchero's rookie season is enough to be excited about Orlando's upcoming season, but after seeing how well Franz Wagner looked in EuroBasket, his progression may have the potential to overshadow that. 

Personally I think Zavier Simpson is the missing piece we’ve been waiting for.  

16 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Orlando Magic

New faces:

Preseason schedule: 

Thanks for providing. 

7 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Thanks for providing. 

Welcome !!!

About this comment in the report ----> One thought on the Magic: Banchero's rookie season is enough to be excited about Orlando's upcoming season, but after seeing how well Franz Wagner looked in EuroBasket, his progression may have the potential to overshadow that. 

I say......no problem here, they both play for the Magic !!!!

• Like 1