All Eyes On Me

2022 Off-season Thread

Just a camp body and Lakeland guy I assume but I liked him in last years draft. Just seemed like a really competent complimentary guy. Played with Suggs at Gonzaga.

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just a camp body and Lakeland guy I assume but I liked him in last years draft. Just seemed like a really competent complimentary guy. Played with Suggs at Gonzaga.

I liked him too! I remember him hitting some big shots, and I think he might have played tough D?.
RJ to Lakeland, Ayayi to the MAGIC!

3 hours ago, matthi32 said:

Wagner plays against Greece! So the injury isn‘t serious.

Was going to write the same thing... also played well, and his team reaching semis.

German coach was probably making some kind of mind tactic.

16 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I did like him as well, but one thing I noticed that seems odd is that they announced a number for him. They don't usually do that, and also, it is the same number that Brazdeikis has worn for the last couple years as a 2WP. I guess we will see - as you said, most likely a Lakeland guy.

Edit - to put the oddity of assigning a number, they have not yet said whether Bamba or Banchero is going to wear #5 - the roster is showing both on the Magic site, and the ESPN roster shows Banchero with no number yet. 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I did like him as well, but one thing I noticed that seems odd is that they announced a number for him. They don't usually do that, and also, it is the same number that Brazdeikis has worn for the last couple years as a 2WP. I guess we will see - as you said, most likely a Lakeland guy.

Edit - to put the oddity of assigning a number, they have not yet said whether Bamba or Banchero is going to wear #5 - the roster is showing both on the Magic site, and the ESPN roster shows Banchero with no number yet. 

Banchero is 5

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Banchero is 5

Except that the player on the team first usually has the option to retain their existing number, and Bamba has been 5 for the last 4 years. It’s why Franz took 22, since Moe was here first and already had 21.

17 hours ago, matthi32 said:

Wagner plays against Greece! So the injury isn‘t serious.

Hopefully that’s not a guy playing through pain to help his national team.  From a Magic standpoint, I’d be much more comfortable if he shut it down until training camp.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Except that the player on the team first usually has the option to retain their existing number, and Bamba has been 5 for the last 4 years. It’s why Franz took 22, since Moe was here first and already had 21.

Bamba announced he changed number to #11 earlier this summer. 

I'm guessing Ayayi isn't an Exhibit 10 and is an unguaranteed minimum instead because none of the other Exhibit 10 guys have had a press release. 

I imagine it'll still end up with him at Lakeland for the year with a view to him being a 10 day guy if we have injuries and maybe get a contract or a 2 way spot a year from now depending on how things go. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Bamba announced he changed number to #11 earlier this summer. 

Interesting, I hadn't seen that. I wonder why it hasn't been updated on either the Magic's Nba.com site or on ESPN's Magic Roster? Thanks for the heads-up.